Carry a backup handgun while hunting?

I need a handgun hunting permit, open carry. for use in PA Hunting. I have to go to courthouse to get, good for several years.
From the PA Digest online Under General Hunting Regulations.
Firearms - Handguns: A Sportsman's Firearms permit or a License to Carry Firearms is required to carry a handgun, or have in a motor vehicle. Licenses to Carry Firearms permits are issued by county sheriffs or the Philadelphia Chief of Police. The License to Carry Firearms permit only entitles bowhunters or spot lighters, for instance, to carry firearms that fall within this classification. County treasurers issue Sportsman's Firearms Permits. A person holding a Sportsman's Firearms Permit may not carry a concealed handgun or a loaded handgun in a vehicle, and may not carry a handgun while bowhunting or spotlighting.

I need a handgun hunting permit, open carry. for use in PA Hunting. I have to go to courthouse to get, good for several years.
From the PA Digest online Under General Hunting Regulations.
Firearms - Handguns: A Sportsman's Firearms permit or a License to Carry Firearms is required to carry a handgun, or have in a motor vehicle. Licenses to Carry Firearms permits are issued by county sheriffs or the Philadelphia Chief of Police. The License to Carry Firearms permit only entitles bowhunters or spot lighters, for instance, to carry firearms that fall within this classification. County treasurers issue Sportsman's Firearms Permits. A person holding a Sportsman's Firearms Permit may not carry a concealed handgun or a loaded handgun in a vehicle, and may not carry a handgun while bowhunting or spotlighting.
Love those State Laws that carry over into hunting
Thats why we try to live in a RED State.

Yes I always carry a hand gun. The type is subject to change depending on area I'm in. And I hope I never have to use it for anything but target practice.