Backup Rifle

the blur

I take one rifle generally with me to the airport, and I fly to a hunting outfitter. I never had a problem with a lost rifle, or banged up rifle.

Do you guys take a backup rifle ? I can't imagine lugging a spare rifle.. just in case.
Do you guys have a back up rifle plan ??

I take one rifle generally with me to the airport, and I fly to a hunting outfitter. I never had a problem with a lost rifle, or banged up rifle.

Do you guys take a backup rifle ? I can't imagine lugging a spare rifle.. just in case.
Do you guys have a back up rifle plan ??

I always have a spare rife, you never know when you'll fall and break your scope etc..

blur, most outfitters have back-ups. If you are on a DIY and think you really need a back-up, send one ahead to a local FFL. Good luck

I have traveled with my rifles multiple times each year for a few decades without a back-up. I damaged my rifle in a fall on one trip and ended up having to use a rifle supplied by the outfitter which worked out fine. Given that amounts to less then a 2% risk, I don't beieve carrying a back-up is worth the added effort and cost.

A couple times I saw rifles cartwheel down the mountain like you couldn't make it do that again if you tried. Hunters and the deer they were dragging went to the bottom too but no injuries (not including the deer). Having a back up in camp makes sense. Doesn't need to be yours.

We were on a week trip to Michigan, first day a guy with a Remington 721 broke an extractor. He had a ram rod with him so the rest of the week he had a single shot rifle.