Can the HS Precision hunting models hold up to 500+????

Mbogo

In the market for a 500 yrd hunting rifle with the occasional 600-700 yrd shot. I really like the HS Precision hunting models but every thing i read talks about the 100yrd MOA. lookin at the 338 lapua or the 300 rum. Anybody logged any 500+ kills with any of the HS Precision hunting models????? if so, what type of ammo??? any reloaders out there feel free to include any recipes, but would prefer to go with a high end factory load if i can find one that holds up to 500. Anybody know of a better build for around 3k please include it in ur response. thanks guys
gun)

One kills in order to have hunted, One does not hunt in order to kill..

Anybody know of a better build for around 3k please include it in ur response. thanks guys
gun)

If you want a package deal, ready to ship, & want to know with absolute certainty it'll be accurate look at Len's package deal.
(Len Backus, the owner if LRH) He's got some pop-up adds on here for em.
Any of LRH's fine sponsors could also handle that task with ease, although I don't know of any other "package deals" readily available. All the sponsors of LRH serve a VERY DEMANDING crowd. Some of the worlds best shooters are members here. If you aren't a top shelf smith you don't advertise to this clientele. They would pick you apart, & you'd never be in business again if you didn't deliver exactly what shooters here demand.
With that said, shop around LRH with confidence. These sponsors, & smiths here ARE that good.

A guy in my old hunting circle bought one in 300 win. He hated it. It was an ultralight model though, and I think that recoil had alot to do with it. He held on to it, hoping that he would figure it out, but he bought a Savage in the same caliber that shot really well and wasnt that much heavier.
I have heard thought that there heavier models do quite well. Not as good as full customs, but close. Thats my limited experience with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.