CAMP FİRE

soundwaves

thought it would be a good idea to open this thread so everyone can share jokes and storys or there last hunts here. just like a chat by the camp fire.

might as well start it off : l have been shooting my rifle for 10 years now with a couple of thousand rounds through it. but something strange is happening. my rifle is shooting better as it gets old ? its like its learning hunting with me. it almost feels like if l make a mistake the rifle corects it..!! :D joke aside it realy is shooting way better as time goes on.

I've got one that's a combination of funny/life lesson.

Several years ago (2005) my normal hunting buddy and I decided to go call coyotes, I had just bought a "new" .223 from my a buddy and was excited to get some blood on it. We loaded up in my truck, a brand spanking new F150 Lariat and drove out into the pasture (I like to use my tools, not look at them), parked down wind of the draw we wanted to call and took off walking.

After about a 30 minute sit with no noticeable response we packed up and headed back to the truck. We had to cross a fence to get back to the truck, so at the fence I grabbed the fore grip and went to open the bolt and unload the rifle. As I lifted the bolt, BOOM-whack....I looked up and saw I had shot my truck....right as the front/rear door junction on the two tone paint line. My buddy heard the metal ring and looked over at me and said, "you didn't did you?". All I could do was laugh and say "Yep".

The worst part was calling my wife and telling her, as she didn't know I had taken the day off to go hunt :) I laugh about it now, but its a good lesson into knowing where your bore is pointed that I use in all of my hunters education classes now.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.