Scenic Colorado Elk Camp Snow Picture

sambo3006

Here is our camp the morning after the big snow as we prepared to go look some more for the elk I shot. The temp was about 20 according to my friend's GPS. My camera batteries went dead right after I snapped this photo.
Colorado2006-2.jpg

Neat pic,got a couple of thoughts
Better you than me:D Have done the cold camp thing and prefer a hot shower and a warm room in the morning.
Did you try warming batteries and camera up?I like pics,the more the marrier
Is that a Wild tripod in the middle of camp?
Please pardon the cabin fever,I've ben layed up since July and the only hunting I'm gona see this year is through posts on the internet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yes, the battery warming up thing works (if you remember to bring the camera in!).
The tripod is a homemade one for cooking with a dutch oven.

Camp at 9200, hunted at a little over 8000. I saw probably 60 elk in 4 days, 3 were legal bulls. I might just need a 7mm AM cuz I saw numerous elk standing still in the 600-1000 yard range. My 338 RUM is pretty impressive but I have been slobbering over the ballistics chart for the 7mm 200 gr ULD RBBT. Retained energy at those long yardages is simply awesome, not to mention basically no wind drift.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts