California - Copper

C-Crist276

I can not get California required copper bullet loads to group up. I can get 1.5 MoA grouping but get sub 1 MOA has proved elusive with full copper bullets.

Anyone else having this issue?

I’m having the same issue regardless of the caliber
300 weatherby, 30-06, 6.5x284, and 243...

Lead I can throw 3 and all three will be touching, copper bullets string out all over place.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I can not get California required copper bullet loads to group up. I can get 1.5 MoA grouping but get sub 1 MOA has proved elusive with full copper bullets.

Anyone else having this issue?

I’m having the same issue regardless of the caliber
300 weatherby, 30-06, 6.5x284, and 243...

Lead I can throw 3 and all three will be touching, copper bullets string out all over place.
Welcome to LRH and enjoy it!

The more information you provide, the better the relevant answers it yields.

You might want to include bullet type, weight, loading info such as powder, seating depth, etc.

C-Crist276

Welcome to LRH and enjoy it!

The more information you provide, the better the relevant answers it yields.

You might want to include bullet type, weight, loading info such as powder, seating depth, etc.
Understood, that gets into specifics of each caliber and load combo’s...

mom mostly trying to see if others are having trouble with Copper in General or if people have been able to tighten their copper groups...

Copper in every caliber I have, has performed distractly different between identical weight bullets

I can get into specifics of each combo I have tried but just never performed to a point I’m satisfied

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Understood, that gets into specifics of each caliber and load combo’s...

mom mostly trying to see if others are having trouble with Copper in General or if people have been able to tighten their copper groups...

Copper in every caliber I have, has performed distractly different between identical weight bullets

I can get into specifics of each combo I have tried but just never performed to a point I’m satisfied
From your list, I have a couple of friends that use only Barnes LRXs without any problems. Hammer Bullets might be worth a try for you. Cheers!

dmj

I have a very limited experience with this type of bullet. The one that I have tried and it worked quite well were the hammer bullets. They were fairly easy to work up a load with. Will be starting to work up a load for a Cooper 92 using hammer bullets in the near future. But they might be worth a try for you. Good luck

C-Crist276

I have a very limited experience with this type of bullet. The one that I have tried and it worked quite well were the hammer bullets. They were fairly easy to work up a load with. Will be starting to work up a load for a Cooper 92 using hammer bullets in the near future. But they might be worth a try for you. Good luck
I have a cooper 92 6.5x284 I just got that was trying to develop.

thanks all for advice I will be buying some hammer bullets !

blacktail 8541

Copper bullets tend to have their own set of rules. They do not play well with fouling from other type of bullets. So clean your bore very well before the start of load work up. Also most copper bullet tend to give much better accuracy when you seat a little deeper. Barnes like around 50/1000 jump.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce