California - Copper

C-Crist276

I can not get California required copper bullet loads to group up. I can get 1.5 MoA grouping but get sub 1 MOA has proved elusive with full copper bullets.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same issue regardless of the caliber
300 weatherby, 30-06, 6.5x284, and 243...

Lead I can throw 3 and all three will be touching, copper bullets string out all over place.

I can not get California required copper bullet loads to group up. I can get 1.5 MoA grouping but get sub 1 MOA has proved elusive with full copper bullets.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same issue regardless of the caliber
300 weatherby, 30-06, 6.5x284, and 243...

Lead I can throw 3 and all three will be touching, copper bullets string out all over place.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy it!

The more information you provide, the better the relevant answers it yields.

You might want to include bullet type, weight, loading info such as powder, seating depth, etc.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy it!

The more information you provide, the better the relevant answers it yields.

You might want to include bullet type, weight, loading info such as powder, seating depth, etc.
Understood, that gets into specifics of each caliber and load combo's...

mom mostly trying to see if others are having trouble with Copper in General or if people have been able to tighten their copper groups...

Copper in every caliber I have, has performed distractly different between identical weight bullets

I can get into specifics of each combo I have tried but just never performed to a point I'm satisfied

Understood, that gets into specifics of each caliber and load combo's...

mom mostly trying to see if others are having trouble with Copper in General or if people have been able to tighten their copper groups...

Copper in every caliber I have, has performed distractly different between identical weight bullets

I can get into specifics of each combo I have tried but just never performed to a point I'm satisfied

From your list, I have a couple of friends that use only Barnes LRXs without any problems. Hammer Bullets might be worth a try for you. Cheers!

I have a very limited experience with this type of bullet. The one that I have tried and it worked quite well were the hammer bullets. They were fairly easy to work up a load with. Will be starting to work up a load for a Cooper 92 using hammer bullets in the near future. But they might be worth a try for you. Good luck

I have a very limited experience with this type of bullet. The one that I have tried and it worked quite well were the hammer bullets. They were fairly easy to work up a load with. Will be starting to work up a load for a Cooper 92 using hammer bullets in the near future. But they might be worth a try for you. Good luck
I have a cooper 92 6.5x284 I just got that was trying to develop.

thanks all for advice I will be buying some hammer bullets !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts