Cabelas Intrepid HD rifle scope by Vortex reviews?

CarbonLead

I just ran across this scope online and there doesn't seem to be much out about it. It seems like a pretty decent scope for the money. There are a couple threads that mentioned it in the past but I was just wondering if anyone has any recent reviews and experience with it??

I looked at one the other day at Cabela's. It was really clear and bright and I liked the reticle. I would have bought it but Kenton doesn't make a turret for that model.

I saw this the other day. I kinda feel a hst would be a better choice.
Gotta agree, the HS-T is my favorite scope that Vortex makes. I have 4 or 5 of them now... They're just exceptional optics for the money. Made in the Philippines with Japanese glass (same as the PST series), and the VMR-1 reticle and target turrets make it hard to beat.

The SWFA SS 3-15x42 scopes are also built like tanks and are built in Japan with Japanese glass...Just like Nightforce and Vortex's Razor scopes. I have several of their scopes as well. For the money the SWFA SS is also hard to beat. Their MilQuad reticles are really nice, and very similar to the Vortex VMR-1 reticles.

I have one, no complaints. I actually really thought they would be a bigger hit than they are. It's basically the scope I've been waiting for someone to produce. Under 24 ounces, great mag range, nice turrets....etc. I like the feel of the turrets. Not mushy at all. Scope says "made in japan" on the bottom. Can pick then up new and on sale for 500!

I actually made a concrete "scope tester" Just have not had it out yet, lots going on right now. But I want to check tracking. If this thing tracks true, I'd put this scope on the top of the list for an affordable long range, light weight scope! My other scopes are mainly NF. With a couple of NXS and a Atacr

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.