Bumping back shoulders

red dawg

Hey guy's, my question is this, is there a die made to bump back shoulders without re sizing the neck, and ,or removing the spent primer? For instance I pulled expander ball and decaping pin out of a F/L 270 die and bumping back my 2506 shoulders.Then I run them thru my 2506 die to get my neck tension. I'm looking for a way to do this on my 7mm rem. mag brass.
Thanks for any solutions or thoughts

Get a FL bushing die and remove the guts.

But I don't understand the 2 step process. If the shoulder on your 25-06 is the same as your 270 you could get one bushing die and change bushings.

yes. But I actually commented on both parts of your orig post.

For the 7rm, I'd just remove everything from a fl bushing die.

Thanks I had no idea, any brand? and will it have to be adjusted to do shoulder only?

Any FL die is going to size the body with or without the decapping stem, even you do what is called partial FL sizing. No way to get around it and guys would know that if they ever used a quality blade mike to measure the case before and after.

Forester makes a bump die that ONLY bumps the shoulder but other than customs that is the only one out there. However, I think it also NS.

there is a school of thought and practice by some very top 1000 yard shooters that use a body die or no bushing to size the body and then run an expanding mandrel in the neck to take it out a little and then use a NS ONLY die to bring the neck back in. They claim with great success that it provides more uniform neck tension.

Also consider annealing to get uniform neck tension.

Thanks, I was pretty sure that if it was put thru a bushing die that the outside would change even if the inside didn't I'm try to avoid changing any of the neck, I even looked at buying a 30 338 win F/L die then thru my 7mag F/L die to de primer and neck tension, but it would take some tuning and messing with to get right

Hey Woods, My best friend and yote hunting buddy is a teacher, He can't shoot, but is a great guy! LOL sorry bout that wolfman

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.