Bullets With Grooves

Often……the more things change, the more they remain the same! 😉 memtb
There is nothing new under the sun….

Reminds me of hornady discovering that metal was better than plastic as a tip material (a-tip). How revolutionary. Almost like the Remington bronze point was decades ahead of it's time.

The double standards on these hammer haters is freakin sublime. Really exquisite. Step one find a post where trash talking hammers is on the table. Step 2 when Steve responds ON TOPIC call him an interloper. Step 3 anytime anyone says anything after that claim hijacking. If it's steve call him a big meanie too. Step 4 is high fives all around. Hammer fans or even the hammer tolerant are not the snowflakes or the hijackers. I'm finding this pattern is getting laughably predictable.

I don't speak French anymore but I'm pretty sure that idiom doesn't mean exactly what you think it does.

Let's go back to ignoring Bills fixation on proving hammers are just ripoffs which would be the first time one bullet was ever similar to another.

Has a regular jacketed lead core bullet ever been grooved? Sounds expensive, probably not. Maybe it's in here and I missed it. Hard to see past all the splashing in the shallow end.

Because Steve, I've yet to have a nice conversation with you. It's sad. I wish it weren't so. I just get accused of bias. I'm sorry if I jumped to conclusions here, and maybe I did. I'm pretty sure though there are others that would agree I maybe had at least some kind of justification for it.

I would like nothing more than to start over and have actual civil discussions.
Likewise.

So, do you want to start the thread over, and I'll repost my first in this thread. Then we can skip all the stuff in the middle and talk about the merits of groves, drivebands, and the properties of copper and how it relates to bullet design?

The double standards on these hammer haters is freakin sublime. Really exquisite. Step one find a post where trash talking hammers is on the table. Step 2 when Steve responds ON TOPIC call him an interloper. Step 3 anytime anyone says anything after that claim hijacking. If it's steve call him a big meanie too. Step 4 is high fives all around. Hammer fans or even the hammer tolerant are not the snowflakes or the hijackers. I'm finding this pattern is getting laughably predictable.

I don't speak French anymore but I'm pretty sure that idiom doesn't mean exactly what you think it does.

Let's go back to ignoring Bills fixation on proving hammers are just ripoffs which would be the first time one bullet was ever similar to another.

Has a regular jacketed lead core bullet ever been grooved? Sounds expensive, probably not. Maybe it's in here and I missed it. Hard to see past all the splashing in the shallow end.
ShoNuff

There is nothing new under the sun….

Reminds me of hornady discovering that metal was better than plastic as a tip material (a-tip). How revolutionary. Almost like the Remington bronze point was decades ahead of it's time.
The best part of the a tip is that hornady itself used to have an aluminum tip if I read what I read correctly. A new revolution again, just like the last one!

Much like the original German manufactured H-Mantel (the original partition) bullet….from which the NP copied! 😉 memtb
Not to argue but from what I've seen the H-Mantel doesn't have two sections, but rather a crimp in the middle. The Partition has a complete separation between the front and rear sections. The rear acting as a FMJ with a wide meplat. So

I'm not sure it's a groove for the purposes of this thread, but it's a very, very cool bullet.

leaving a clean and tidy exit hole to not ruin the fireplace rug sounds like the most esoteric over-efficient Euro thing I've ever heard of. But it's pretty slick.