Bullets Getting Stuck In Barrel

So awhile back I bought a used pre-fit barrel off here for my Bighorn Origin. I was told its a Krieger 1:7.5 twist 6mm Creedmoor. I torqued it on my action, checked headspace and zeroed it and everything shot fine. Using all factory ammo Hornady Black 105, Hornady Match 108 ELD-M, VMax 87, and even ELD-X 103 I have had 5 different issues with the bullets getting lodged in the chamber before firing. The bolt will close most of the time but then pulls out the brass and leaves the bullet whenever if try to open it back up. The ELD-x i never could even get the bolt to close at all.

Is this a Hornady issue or is this barrel jacked up?
The other comment is also correct, have the head space checked out by a smith.

Doesn't hurt to line all the cartridges up on a flat surface by box and see if one looks like it's longer. Or measure by box the over all lenght with a dial caliper. Factories make mistakes. Not very often but it does happen. I would think there would be some pressure signs including up to needing a 2x4 to pop the bolt loose after firing if they were all that close. I have seen a couple times local small gun shops by me selling reloads in factory packaging. Or reloading dies with the wrong expander ball on them.

Check your seating depth of the bullet, sounds like you are jamming them into the lands, if fired this way you usually have higher pressure then normal, BE CAREFUL WHEN RELOADING AMMO!!!! If this is factory ammo that gives you the problem GO SEE A GUNSMITH!!!!

Please go see a Gunsmith ! Sometimes we forget that we are setting off an explosion right in front of our face when we pull the trigger, this is no time to be quessing at what the problem MAY be, find someone who can diagnose the problem NOW , before something no one wants to happens occurs !

This is my take on the situation.
The barrel needs to be borescoped.
It is quite possible that there is a burr at the end of the chamber that sometimes catches a bullet and other times it does not.
If it is not that then the throat is short or eccentric, this too can catch a bullet and then not.
If it were me, it would have been to a smith already to be checked and measured.

Cheers.
A burr makes a lot of sense but wouldn't that get kind of stomped flat after having been fired 100 times after receiving it already used as well? Just curious, legit question, want to learn something haha

Agreed. I don't even chase the lands too often any more. I don't shoot Berger vlds which I hear need that…but I learned the hard way about that when I was young and just into handloading as Berger was all the rage and every source was saying "kiss the lands". Ended up launching a 180 ballistic tip at 3460 fps out of a .300 win mag, had to open bolt with a mallet and the primer was out of the case. When your .300 win performs like a .30-378 something went wrong haha!
Ok, that made me hurt myself. 😂

A burr makes a lot of sense but wouldn't that get kind of stomped flat after having been fired 100 times after receiving it already used as well? Just curious, legit question, want to learn something haha
I still think you need it bore scoped and thoroughly inspected.

You could very well have a heavy carbon build up just ahead of the chamber causing serious pressure issues that are only going to get worse.

Either way I would not shoot it under any circumstances until it's been thoroughly inspected and cleared by a competent gunsmith.

Yeah I'm gonna agree with you on this. I think they are seated to long. Maybe he needs to check his resizing die as well. I mainly neck size only. Every now and then I have to do a full length resize.

HE DOESN'T RELOAD!!! THEY ARE ALL FACTORY LOADS. DO PEOPLE NOT READ PREVIOUS COMMENTS?

HE DOESN'T RELOAD!!! THEY ARE ALL FACTORY LOADS. DO PEOPLE NOT READ PREVIOUS COMMENTS?

🤣

This seems like a common issue with the 6mm Creedmoor and Hornady ammo. It happened with my 6mm Creed Predator, Ruger replaced the barrel and it occasionally happens with the 103 ELD-X factory ammo
This. Happend to me on a Ruger American Predator in 6mm CM. But i had Gunsmith redo the chamber.

Folks—it is clear that this man's problem is he is seating the bullets improperly and also has a headspace issue.

/sarcasm off

Good night what is happening to this forum. People confusing headspace with freebore, and factory ammo with reloading. Lots of bad advice being thrown around due to folks speaking out of lack of knowledge and/or reading comprehension. It's great we all want to be helpful, but come on.

Folks—it is clear that this man's problem is he is seating the bullets improperly and also has a headspace issue.

/sarcasm off

Good night what is happening to this forum. People confusing headspace with freebore, and factory ammo with reloading. Lots of bad advice being thrown around due to folks speaking out of lack of knowledge and/or reading comprehension. It's great we all want to be helpful, but come on.

LOL, Or they just don't read beyond the first post of the OP.