Bullets Getting Stuck In Barrel

texjitter

So awhile back I bought a used pre-fit barrel off here for my Bighorn Origin. I was told its a Krieger 1:7.5 twist 6mm Creedmoor. I torqued it on my action, checked headspace and zeroed it and everything shot fine. Using all factory ammo Hornady Black 105, Hornady Match 108 ELD-M, VMax 87, and even ELD-X 103 I have had 5 different issues with the bullets getting lodged in the chamber before firing. The bolt will close most of the time but then pulls out the brass and leaves the bullet whenever if try to open it back up. The ELD-x i never could even get the bolt to close at all.

Is this a Hornady issue or is this barrel jacked up?

For reference, I've put a hundred rounds through it with no issue and great groups, its just occassionally the issue arises

92ED4C64-DFEC-4C61-AF5C-176E0C66457C.jpeg

I have never fired it when I noticed the bolt was not closing, but a couple times when it happened was while hunting and I cycled the bolt in a hurry.

*no reloads have been loaded into it, everything has been factory Hornady
I sure its jammed every shot, just getting stuck in certain conditions or if a round has some runout. When It has stuck has round been in chamber for some time or left over night? If so its getting stuck with humidity and corrosion from copper and steel and carbon touching, seen that happen a lot to people when they jam the bullet. I would take to smith and have head space checked. You are likely over pressure some with it jammed.

if the headspace is ok , sounds like the throat is a little short in the barrel .
This is likely the issue. Get it to s gunsmith or someone who can verify the throat dimension. I would NOT shoot this rifle until the solution is identified and resolved. High pressure can be extremely dangerous from this scenario.