brass stuck in chamber

HockeyDad

I had a Winchester XPR .300 WM I put about 100 rounds of Win factory ammo through before I decide I didn't like it.

I recently upgraded to a Browning X-Bolt LR.

I was gonna handload a few rounds when I noticed the die I bought (two years ago when I first bought the Winchester) was neck size only.

So I got out the calipers and compared the lengths from the base to the top of the shoulder of the Win cases I shot out of the Winchester to the few Norma cases I had shot out of the Browning and they seemed to be almost the same length. Or even the Norma/Browning cases possibly being a tad longer. So I figured I could neck size the Win/Win cases only.

But, just to be safe I took one of the Win/Win empties and chambered it in the Brownie. It was a little tight closing the bolt, but when I went to take it out, now I can't pull the bolt back.

Any suggestions? Should I get a wood rod and tap it from the muzzle end?

Check out extractor for damage after removing the stuck case.

Get a good full length die & headspace the round on the shoulder vs. belt. This will prevent head separations caused by repetitive brass stretching & contracting caused by sizing for headspace on belt and give better accuracy.