Bullets for 7 SAUM?

I have a 7 saum in a mg arms ultra light with 22" barrel. I have been using 162 eld and 160 accubonds. Have taken quite a few animals with it over the years. Would I get more performance out of a monolithic bullet?

Any experience with the 180 Scenar?
Shot the Scenar a fair bit... they do ok, but a have a longer shank than the ELD-M, which means a bit more pressure/less speed. They are a great bullet other than that, and no issues with accuracy.

R.

I have a 7 saum in a mg arms ultra light with 22" barrel. I have been using 162 eld and 160 accubonds. Have taken quite a few animals with it over the years. Would I get more performance out of a monolithic bullet?
Dead is dead, IMO... so probably not. Depends on average distance of the shot, and so on. If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it!

R.

From a pure accuracy standpoint the Berger 180's will shoot smaller than the 190 hybrids or Atips.
I am not disputing this. I would like your thoughts if this would continue to hold true out to a mile. I figure you might also have that knowledge through experience and can share.

I am not disputing this. I would like your thoughts if this would continue to hold true out to a mile. I figure you might also have that knowledge through experience and can share.

My experience at a mile is very limited so I would be hesitant to give an opinion one way or the other.....but I would think in mild conditions the Berger 180's would still shoot consistently smaller over an aggregate. Throw in some windy switchy conditions and all bets are off.

My experience at a mile is very limited so I would be hesitant to give an opinion one way or the other.....but I would think in mild conditions the Berger 180's would still shoot consistently smaller over an aggregate. Throw in some windy switchy conditions and all bets are off.
Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for and I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others.

Don't forget the 175's. Great bullet
Yup that's my choice mainly because I have 1100 of them haha.
The 175 elites are a great choice though.
I shot them in my saum last outting to 1480 yards and they were awesome.

In my SA Saum the 180 eldm has been a treat. No blowups even in desert summer heat. Using a 5r barrel, I figure that helps. They are extremely delicate though, don't be surprised if your barrel shreds them. It was easy to tune, unfussy about jump, nice to work with. Accurate enough for hunting steel but definitely not f class. They aren't exactly inaccurate, but raw accuracy is noticeably less than hammer bullets for example. (Which are a ton of fun but not what you want for a grand.) The 168 accubond long range was more fussy but had slightly higher peak accuracy, and even with the lower BC the 168 was peak ballistics because I couldn't drive the 180 very fast. 2660 fps vs 2875. But I'm also 2.95", mag length. My gun hated the 175 eldx, abandoned it almost immediately. That's all I know! Have fun, I might get out with mine tomorrow.

I don't have any results for the 171mb's or any other 28cal bullets, but hoping to gain some. There was a guy on my property using a 7-65prc w/180hybrids that he really likes. Also shoots 7stw. I'm new to the 28cal realm and have been reading what I can about 7-08rem and 7saum results (good or bad).

Another question on not just bullets, but what COAL are you going with which bullets (and brands)?

I'm questioning about lengths because, both 7's are in AR's. With LaRue mags I can get around 2.860-2.780". My 1st 7 was in 7-08 (22" 10T) and bought cheap ppu bullets (120, 150 & 175's) for testing before buying other weights/brands. Then I couldn't let the 7-08 be the only 7, so I bought a 7saum (28" 8T). Going off ql it appears that 168-185's give the best numbers? I wouldn't mind trying some 190 class though, but seating depth is DEEP.