What bullets for 1000 yards

Good grief man. At no point did I (or anyone!) state or remotely imply that a bullet or shooter being capable at 1000 yards would somehow obligate anyone to shoot at such ranges. You're arguing against a straw man at this point.

I know I've had some good dialogue in the past with ya and don't desire to preclude that possibility in the future but perhaps I need to just "agree to disagree" and leave this alone now. Carry on.
I'm gonna say he's taped out

Dead Man Walking... or in this case dead animal standing. It has happened on a few hunts deer,elk and moose were the animal was dead, but didn't fall over. A moose at 200 yards in a stand of small aspen the bullet struck a tree deflected and entered the head under neath thru the bottom of the throat up into the head instant off the horns hooked into the trees and with locked legs the moose just stood there....2 more shots were fired behind the shoulder and moose did not drop, we knocked it over with tree skidder when we verified it was dead.

Monolithic bullets are interesting and work quite well, I just wish further work was done with the tungsten combo designs so that you could get the length weight BC configurations without the need for super fast twist barrels. I used up the few boxes of the Barnes bullets I had.

Now I have a supply of LRAB to work off before ELDM then the search will start again..or Plasma rifles will be the next latest and greatest

Thank you.

Thank you.
The surgeon said I did an outstanding job of screwing up my shoulder and I'll be lucky to hunt turkeys in the spring. Meanwhile, two of my hunting buddies borrowed my 7x300 to do load development for the 180 eldm. Their real goal is to break my record with my rifle. What are friends for ? :) So for the time being, I depend on you guys to post some good hunting stories and pics while I relax in my recliner sipping on a good bourbon. Take care and have a great season!

I would ask what cartridge?
308- nothing.
338LM would be a different answer.
Actually if you cutoff is 1600fps which generally gives reliable expansion then the 308 can usually run you out to 800yrds. 2470fps at 3500 ft elevation hornady 212eldx. Check the numbers.

Yes I to have tried to almost reck my 308 pushing it hard with over about 8 different powders chasing speed with a 195ELDM. Best I ever got and still wasn't reliable was about 2725, Powder had no temp stability and was severely compressed to the point I was loading really long. So on a whim I loaded some 212eldx with 41 grains of accurate 4064. Slow load 2470 but shot really well holding sun MOA out to and past 600yrds. Factory rifle so some will say not impressed but that's ok. This was about 3 shots fired Remington brass trimmed and prepared cci br2 at 2.830. It right at pressuring out. 41.3 had ejector swipes. This load has no extraction issues, no swipes, no flattening on the primers and seem to be consistent in my rifle. Now that hunting season is over I will try and improve the load. I also thought about the 210 Berger or 210ABLR as well but at over 100 dollars a box for the ABLR the red and yellow boxes will do fine. Still not a 1000yrd rifle but it's maxing out the 308 the best way I know how. Heavy bullets with high BC at the best consistency I can get. Really thought when shooting elk I'm taking my 300RUM.

As for hunting, quail is my animal to eat. Now to get the shot to dissolve so I don't have to pick it out! Bobs or blues, I'm not picky as both taste very good grilled!
Fried. I'm all about some fried quail and grits. Real grits that take 45 minutes to an hour to cook. None of that instant crap. But I'm a leg man If I have my choice. You can have the breast

In all honesty, sometimes when the OP disappears like this, I wonder whether there is a hidden agenda. The cynic in me always wonders
I know the OP here and although he's one level above stinks at sporting clays he's one hell of a rifle shot out to and past 1200 yards. He's getting old, makes poor choices for friends sometimes, and has been fighting some uphill health battles for the past few years but you won't meet a nicer guy. He recently made a trip to Africa and stacked up some impressive long range kills on plains game. Then he managed to really tear his shoulder up. 1st rate job which has put him on house arrest basically.

I know the OP here and although he's one level above stinks at sporting clays he's one hell of a rifle shot out to and past 1200 yards. He's getting old, makes poor choices for friends sometimes, and has been fighting some uphill health battles for the past few years but you won't meet a nicer guy. He recently made a trip to Africa and stacked up some impressive long range kills on plains game. Then he managed to really tear his shoulder up. 1st rate job which has put him on house arrest basically.
Sorry to hear about his shoulder. Hope for a complete and quick recovery