Built my Form 1 Suppressors. 30 cal & 22 cal

ShootnMathews

Well it took 120 days to get my Form 1 Suppressor builds approved. That was a pretty long wait but I'm just happy they got approved period. I made a 6" 22 lr suppressor out of aluminum and I tried to match the finish to this Savage Minimalist because that's where it will live. It weighs around 4oz and It's extremely quiet. The second is a 10" 30 cal can out of aluminum. It weighs a whopping 17.5 oz which is way more than I planned but it is extremely quiet. I'm using it on multiple rifles right now but when my Omega 300 suppressor gets approved this one will mostly be used on my 22-250 coyote rig. It's already heavy as sun so what's a few more ounces. 😂😂.
IMG_6419.jpeg
IMG_6424.jpeg
IMG_6425.jpeg
IMG_6507.jpeg

What did you use for plans to build the suppressors?
Sounds like a fun project!
Well I researched a lot of different types of builds and a lot of them while cool looking seemed above my level of machining. I ended up basically copying the solvent trap type deals. I made my end caps and then cut the tube to make the whole length 6" for the 22 and 10" for the 30 cal. Then I threaded the tubes to take the caps. And made a "cup" baffle. Then kept making more just the same until I got down to a blast chamber area and then I made a spacer to fit the blast chamber and push all the cups tight against the cap. To be honest I couldn't even tell you how many cups are in each one. With all the working on them I do t think I've ever even counted them.

Hopefully the alum works out for you for the centerfire rifles.
These are for Hunting, not range sessions. I don't think I'll ever run enough ammo through them hunting to hurt them. Ammo is so hard to get these days that I rarely ever shoot anymore unless I'm working up a load, sighting in a rifle, or actually hunting something with it. Fun shooting for me is a thing of the past. I just either can't find ammo or can't afford to buy much of it at todays prices.