Built my Form 1 Suppressors. 30 cal & 22 cal

If recently you got lucky. They are denying all requests listing premade parts now. They want people to machine their own parts for builds
Bud I don't know how many of these you have done but there is nothing that suggests that they want you do your own machining and if I did machine my own ( which I can) I sure would not have exactly copied what already available online where all you have to do is drill the end caps and cones

IMG_7090.jpeg

Bud I don't know how many of these you have done but there is nothing that suggests that they want you do your own machining and if I did machine my own ( which I can) I sure would not have exactly copied what already available online where all you have to do is drill the end caps and cones

They don't explicitly state that in the denial but that's the commonly held opinion, which I also believe is accurate. I got denied last year as well... basically if they feel you have parts that you can turn into a suppressor it's already a suppressor and therefore illegal. Government thought crime.

I have read of them asking for plans, specs, etc but all of that was just Internet stuff so take that as you will.

Those look great and I made mine as well……. From readily available parts online that look just like yours.
Care to elaborate? Like I said earlier, seems like a fun project.
I'm currently SOL on machining so "readily available parts" sounds right up my alley!

Edited-

Should've read the whole thread before asking.

Thank you, Bean!

I've only done the 2 Form 1's, but I'm telling you if you put anything in your description or photos that looks like you're going to use any premade part it's an instant denial. According to their "new interpretation" of the law any and all parts intended to be used for a suppressor are already a suppressor and hence illegal and they have been confiscating solvent traps. Or trying to. And if you order solvent trap parts from out of the country they confiscate them at customs and send you a letter about them being illegal and threaten you with charges. Plenty of videos on YouTube of people telling what happened to them. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Take it for what it's worth.

I've only done the 2 Form 1's, but I'm telling you if you put anything in your description or photos that looks like you're going to use any premade part it's an instant denial. According to their "new interpretation" of the law any and all parts intended to be used for a suppressor are already a suppressor and hence illegal and they have been confiscating solvent traps. Or trying to. And if you order solvent trap parts from out of the country they confiscate them at customs and send you a letter about them being illegal and threaten you with charges. Plenty of videos on YouTube of people telling what happened to them. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Take it for what it's worth.
Ok Neighbor

What does a denial cost? Seriously. I may try this out...
What happens to your $200 fee if it gets denied?

This was (my luck) literally the first mass denial. They had never asked for anything like this before when I applied. This is all I got:

Ironically, they never asked a single question about if I had any parts or plans yet. The only thing I can think is I may have referenced quietbore in some fashion as part of the application.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010-093628.png
    Screenshot_20231010-093628.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 40
This was (my luck) literally the first mass denial. They had never asked for anything like this before when I applied. This is all I got:

Ironically, they never asked a single question about if I had any parts or plans yet. The only thing I can think is I may have referenced quietbore in some fashion as part of the application.
Yep. Basically the same thing I told butterbean but I don't think he believed me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yep. Basically the same thing I told butterbean but I don't think he believed me. 🤷🏼‍♂️
That's alright, Butterbean is good people. It's hard to know what/who to believe on the Internet, plus some of the tuff the ATF does is just hard to get your head around, PERIOD. They just honestly make no sense most of the time, and the way they flip flop and make arbitrary decisions on stuff should really be criminal.

That's alright, Butterbean is good people. It's hard to know what/who to believe on the Internet, plus some of the tuff the ATF does is just hard to get your head around, PERIOD. They just honestly make no sense most of the time, and the way they flip flop and make arbitrary decisions on stuff should really be criminal.
Oh yes. Sorry I didn't mean that in a condescending way. Butterbean is a great guy and has helped me many times before in the past. I meant only that I got the impression that he thought I was wrong. Nothing more. And yes the ATF is VERY confusing. Especially with things like this where they have ( and I quote the ATF here) "reinterpreted the law". That is actually how they put it.