DIY Form 1 Suppressor Question?

You sure are paranoid.
Do you own any silencer's?
I do,I have 4 of them that I did with a Form 4 Trust years ago. I'm also in the process of doing three Form 1 builds from Solvent trap kits. Went to the Sheriff's Dept. today to get fingerprinted,but the person that does them is on vacation this week.

On a Solvent trap,as long as the end cap isn't drilled,it can't be considered as a silencer/suppressor because you can't actually fire a live round through it. The ATF might not like it,but unless it is drilled completely,it's not a silencer.
Think of it as an 80% lower,it's not a firearm until you machine out the trigger area,and the holes for the trigger pins and safety.

It's hard for them to say it "Illegal Constructive Intent" when you have an account on the BATFE website,have done or have attempted to get fingerprint cards,and have arranged the services of an engraver to legally mark said items once you get approved for them.
I agree with TXhillbilly, I had a glitch in my application on their end, we fixed it over a few Emails and screenshots, they were very nice and apologetic, and he is spot on with the solvent trap kits hence the Hawk solvent trap kit ( Which is in the vendors list ) a lot of folks get all spun up about nothing, it's really easy once you've done once

Suppressors do not "silence" with supersonic loads. That's why the SEALS 300 B/O are subsonic.
The advantage with supersonic loads is that they destroy directionality. I.E. the bad guy cannot locate you by the sound.
Totally correct!

Here is a video of my buddy shooting subs in my 300BO with the SOS Hunter on it.

You sure are paranoid.
Do you own any silencer's?
I do,I have 4 of them that I did with a Form 4 Trust years ago. I'm also in the process of doing three Form 1 builds from Solvent trap kits. Went to the Sheriff's Dept. today to get fingerprinted,but the person that does them is on vacation this week.

On a Solvent trap,as long as the end cap isn't drilled,it can't be considered as a silencer/suppressor because you can't actually fire a live round through it. The ATF might not like it,but unless it is drilled completely,it's not a silencer.
Think of it as an 80% lower,it's not a firearm until you machine out the trigger area,and the holes for the trigger pins and safety.

It's hard for them to say it "Illegal Constructive Intent" when you have an account on the BATFE website,have done or have attempted to get fingerprint cards,and have arranged the services of an engraver to legally mark said items once you get approved for them.
not paranoid, cautious and you bet I own quite a few nfa items actually including but not limited to several form 1's-- to each is own, I'm just not in the position to be the poster child for the nfa/atf-- and by the way-- the ATF considers any part of a suppressor a suppressor, thats why a suppressor manufacture cant just mail you a new baffle stack or end cap if you have a baffle strike---especially if you have more suppressors around--- should you have extra baffles, unmarked tubes, or end caps lying around if you already have a suppressor? nope--it's your responsibility to know the laws-- we let each man make his own decision as your decisions hold consequences for you

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.