Suppressor use question

dustbag

I'm from WI going to Maine to coyote hunt with a friend. I have an extra suppressor I would like to put on his rifle. We will be together side by side in vehicle and on hunt. I would say within 10 feet of each other at all times. Would this be legal?
Law as I read it says "in presence and under supervision". Which makes me say yes? I would obviously take it off when we part ways.
Could I legally do this?

Just don't leave the interstate in Massachusetts! All my heirloom guns are still in Maine because I can't pass through MA without stopping to visit people, which becomes a huge liability under Mass law. I think you're good as long as you transit right through. Obviously they're not after you, I'm just saying that to grumble and wish you a good time, that sounds like a blast. Where are you headed?

Thanks won't be stopping in Mass for sure. Between Bangor and Augusta. I went along last year without gun and had a lot of fun watching through a thermal monocular. This year I thought I better bring a gun. I have an IR setup on a 6 dasher. Hopefully we call some in.

Thanks won't be stopping in Mass for sure. Between Bangor and Augusta. I went along last year without gun and had a lot of fun watching through a thermal monocular. This year I thought I better bring a gun. I have an IR setup on a 6 dasher. Hopefully we call some in.
Oh that's great, nice area for that. that's roughly where I grew up. E of augusta, but had family and friends right up through that corridor. I would think you'd see some, we had a bunch back when I was around and the amount of small game for them has only exploded since. Good luck and enjoy it for me.