Couple questions about suppressor laws

SCdeerhunter

So recently I've been considering a suppressor for my 6.5 but all the laws are kind of confusing to me. I know I'd have to purchase one and then fill out the form 4 and wait. My questions are more towards residence. I'm currently in SC but will be moving to Colorado in April of next year. From what I've read you have to get atf approval to go across state lines and to change residence. Due to job requirements I will be moving around every two years or so and will only rent a home. Due to this I'm not sure if I should just wait until we buy a home or what. What would y'all suggest I do?
Thanks
David

From what I have read you are supposed to notify ATF of your new address but are not required to file a form 5320.20 like you would with other NFA items. Best to check for yourself though also check state requirements for where you plan to move for legality, LEO approval etc.

From what I have read you are supposed to notify ATF of your new address but are not required to file a form 5320.20 like you would with other NFA items. Best to check for yourself though also check state requirements for where you plan to move for legality, LEO approval etc.
Yeah my FFL carries a bunch of different brands and while I was I tgere I picked his brain a little bit. I'm gonna wait til I move to get one. But there is a local lawyer who writes up trusts. So I'm considering having one written up before I move. Just so I'm ready to go when I get there

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.