What “SHOULD” a good 30 cal suppressor cost?

to be clear.....not for a prior trust.
Each "responsible party" of a trust must now have a bg check and fp cards, benificiaries that have no control of the trust do not but all trustees would be considered "responsible parties" , the rules for trusts changed back in July of 2016--- lots of people submitted for a form 1/trust just before the new law, it took some people 18 months to get their stamp

As far as wait on a form 1, I think they take just about as long as a form 4-- look at nfatracker website, form 1 individual paper is about 180 days, f1 trust paper is 200, form 1 Corp/llx paper over 400 days.

Form 4s- paper are 225-275 days to clear

If you want to try to get one fast--- try submitting your form 1 as an e-file--- they just started accepting e-file form 1s again ( found on eforms.atf.gov) -- NFA tracker has a few under this bit since they just restarted this program non have cleared yet.

It's like a tax free form 4. Your heir still has to be legally approved for the transfer but it won't cost money and it will take about a month. They can't take possession until they get their stamp, the items have to stay in a safe place until transfer is completed.(often your ffl or something If everyone at that residence has passed)

Thank you. My heirs, the appropriate ones, are already members of the trust. I'll pass this info along to my son.

to be clear.....not for a prior trust.
If you add a new nfa item to the trust, then yes-- all responsible parties must have bg and fp cards.

Existing, already approved tax stamps are grandfathered until they are transferred on a for 4 or 5 , but if any new items are added then all responsible parties must comply with the new last that took effect in 2016

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.