Building a custom Savage rifle over time

I know it highly depends on brands and such but can you all give me estimates for cost on barrel and stock? Where do you all look for donor rifles? Should I try and find a savage with accutrigger? My brother has an older savage 110 without accutrigger I could use. The bluing on the action is less than desirable though but not rusted.

For the stagger feed actions stocky s gun stocks carries Bell and Carlson Medalist #2980 is the best bang for the money, I wouldn't mess with factory triggers, Timney, Rifle Basix, Sharp shooters supply competition trigger, these are far better than the factory triggers.

If u can get a free action an replace the trigger do it. Like mentioned above you can a good trigger for it. Personally I have no issues with the accutrigger but the standard model has limitations and the target trigger is expensive from what I can find.

For the stagger feed actions stocky s gun stocks carries Bell and Carlson Medalist #2980 is the best bang for the money, I wouldn't mess with factory triggers, Timney, Rifle Basix, Sharp shooters supply competition trigger, these are far better than the factory triggers.

The triggers listed are all about $85 to $100, and the stocks are about $247.

Bell & Carlson Medalist

Cool scope Feenix. There are some nice optics out there these days.

On another note. I will be installing an adjustable custom cheek riser soon and flush cup sling studs. I ordered the studs today. Since I am keeping the accustock I went with a picatinny rail for the front with standard stud and flush cup. The rail is for quick mount bipod.

My point is don't be too afraid to jump in a do a few things on your own. : )

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.