Building a coustom 300 or 338 RUM, need advice.

Ridgeroster, I would go with one of the necked up 300 RUM cases to 338 cal. You will be able to shoot the 300grn Match King at around 2950. That is one big bullet traveling fast and flat, with incredible knock down power at ranges past 1000 yards. Good Luck with your chioce.

Wildcat

300rumshooter,
I have a couple good long range stands, one on a bean field, and the other a power line. I have been using my custom 7mmrum with 140gr BT's. Longest shot so far 409 on a nice 10pt.
I may just take Shawn's advice and trade the Sendero stock for a sporter style, and go with a smaller diameter barrel.
RidgeRooster

RidgeRosster.
goodgrouper has a 338 Thunder an improved version of the 338 RUM with an ABS Carbon wrapped barrel and has reported extesively on it here and is very pleased HeetSekins has an ABS Carbon wrapped barrel on a 300 Win and is also very pleased. Fiiftydriver did the work on googroupers 338.

I believe the thread title is 338 Thunder project quite a lenghty thread, but the short of it is that is is very satisfied with the ABS Carbon Wrapped Barrel. He also used a Thermal Imaging Camera to prove how much faster that the ABS Carbon wrapped barrel dissapated the heat as compared to a all steel barrel

Check out web site: http://home.alltel.net/mdegerness/
or give them a call at: 402-890-2709

Shawn,
What stock did you go with on your 300 rum? I think it's been posted before but it's easier to ask here, sorry to all for going off topic. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.