Need some advice, maybe a gunsmith for my Sendero 300 RUM

ttaillac

I bought this rifle brand new last year. Its all stock except for the Holland muzzle brake I had a gunsmith in Dallas put on it.

I just got into reloading and worked up some good accurate loads for elk hunting.
92 gr Retumbo, 210 Berger VLD, COAL 3.63
My only problem is they don't cycle through too easy from the magazine. Almost like I'm a tad long. They stack fine in the magazine, but after I shoot once, and eject the shell and try and load the next round, the next round always get's hung up and doesn't go into the chamber without manually grabbing the shell and placing it where it needs to be.

It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to be able to use the bolt action they way it should.

Can this be fixed relatively easy by a gunsmith? How much coin should I expect to drop on this? Thanks.

I bought this rifle brand new last year. Its all stock except for the Holland muzzle brake I had a gunsmith in Dallas put on it.

I just got into reloading and worked up some good accurate loads for elk hunting.
92 gr Retumbo, 210 Berger VLD, COAL 3.63
My only problem is they don't cycle through too easy from the magazine. Almost like I'm a tad long. They stack fine in the magazine, but after I shoot once, and eject the shell and try and load the next round, the next round always get's hung up and doesn't go into the chamber without manually grabbing the shell and placing it where it needs to be.

It's not a huge problem, but I'd like to be able to use the bolt action they way it should.

Can this be fixed relatively easy by a gunsmith? How much coin should I expect to drop on this? Thanks.
Why don't you call the gunsmith who did the brake for you and discuss it with them?

It's very hard to diagnose your issue without seeing exactly how and why the rounds are not feeding properly.

Does it have any issues with factory rounds?

Are the hanging in the magazine or are they popping up properly and then not feeding into the chamber properly?

Are they just popping half way up and then hanging?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.