Build help for 7m/08

nctta

About to start a build for my daughter and would like any advise you migh have. She is shooting a 6.5bmr off an Encore right now, but I'd like to move her up to a bit more power....I'm thinking 7-08 that will shoot 140s. I have a model 70 and 700 available for a doner action. I'd like to keep the weight down without sacrificing accuracy. What you you suggest in following areas or any others I missed:

1. Barrel maker, length, twist, and contour
2. Stock..bell and Carlson, vs hogue, vs HS
3. Action blue printing. Does the use of a GTR action fixture create any measurable improvement in accuracy vs a basic standard action truing and lug lapping?

Any other info or guidance is appreciated.

About to start a build for my daughter and would like any advise you migh have. She is shooting a 6.5bmr off an Encore right now, but I'd like to move her up to a bit more power....I'm thinking 7-08 that will shoot 140s. I have a model 70 and 700 available for a doner action. I'd like to keep the weight down without sacrificing accuracy. What you you suggest in following areas or any others I missed:

1. Barrel maker, length, twist, and contour
2. Stock..bell and Carlson, vs hogue, vs HS
3. Action blue printing. Does the use of a GTR action fixture create any measurable improvement in accuracy vs a basic standard action truing and lug lapping?

Any other info or guidance is appreciated.

My recommendation would be a Lilja in a # 4 or #5 contour 1 in 9 twist finished at 22".

Any well fitting stock (Try to fit her if you can)

A blue print is always a plus and a good pillar bed.

I would try the 120s and the 140 grain ballistic tip bullets because of velocity potential of the 7/08.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.