7mm-08 ammo help

skandlus

I just picked up a new rem 700 7-08 sps, 24" barrel. I havent shot it yet and dont reload, but have buddys that do. Im wanting to shoot it out to 600+ if possible on a coues hunt this fall... Any suggestions at long range? Anyone have a similar setup?

Ron, I wasnt very clear, my bad...need help finding the right ammo for this rifle. I figure someone has already figured out what ammo to avoid, just trying to narrow it down so I can save time & money. It'll have a leupold & trigger work done.

Skand- you may know coues live in rugged country and the shots are typically long. and they are not a very big taget so accuracy is important. 7-08 has plenty of power. the most accurate load for the rifle is what i would use. i would start with a berger bullet or a 120 balistic tip . sorry don't know who loads them in factory ammo. checked HSM loads the 140 berger. that is where i would start.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.