build an EDGE or get new savage lapua??

cowboy717

Ok my dad is actually trying to talk me into the new savage 338 lapua with the HS stock. I've been wanting to build an EDGE and was trying to explain that an edge isn't hard to load for and such, so here's my question,
Has anyone on here had any experience with the savage? How much velocity will the 26 inch loose compared to a 30 inch edge? Also will the savages 1-9 twist give any advantage over a 1-10 for an edge?
Thanks guys!

if i were to do a 338 again i would go with a lapua. For the one and only reason of brass quality. i get about 2-3 firings with my edge, pushing 300 gr. hybrids to 2800 in a 26in barrel. Lapua u can expect 5-10 firings. I think the savage would be a great option and a great rifle.

if your building a custom go lapua. I would opt for a custom Edge over a Savage Lapua though. my .338 RUM push's the 300 SMK at 2800fps, just another option.

I have got 6 loadings out of my edge shooting 300 smk 93 grains of H-1000. The edge is such a superb chambering i think you could load it with 30% sawdust and shoot a good group.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts