Bug out bag

The wife and I both keep a bug out bag ready.We have a Life Straw for each of us and medical supplies.
We also keep a box of ready to eat food that will last a couple of weeks but don't fit in a B O B.

The wife and I both keep a bug out bag ready.We have a Life Straw for each of us and medical supplies.
We also keep a box of ready to eat food that will last a couple of weeks but don't fit in a B O B.
Where are you going ?

Can you really fit two weeks of food in a bug out bag ? BO bags come in various sizes I suppose. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to say that we don't have some stuff for a short term, short distance "bug out"…..but, never plan to need it. We hope to stay right where we are!

Over 35 years ago I relocated to a small Wyoming town. But, as good as Wyoming is for avoiding much of the "unwashed masses"…..it in itself was "not" a good bugout location! It was 7000 ft. in elevation, minimal rainfall, far too close to large cities and interstates. This is were I met my would be wife.

She and I had a bit of common ground on a survivalist mentality, so we started looking for a better (in our eyes) location.

We wanted a much lower elevation, much better water access, many miles to a large town/interstate. This was not just a random decision…..so thought went into this purchase. I think that we did OK.

The largest city of over 50K is 150+ miles away, closest interstate is 100 miles and one mountain range away, a river borders our place on one side and a large irrigation canal on another. Our property is flat, about 3/4 mile from and not visible from a 2 lane asphalt road!

We have a water well, irrigation for the garden/chicken area (100x100 feet). The garden/chicken area is divided into two sections…..chickens on one side garden on other and will swap sides annually.

While we do not have a large solar array that I want…..I can piece together 10 panels that I have, to produce a small amount of energy. We have lots of hand tools….not "saddled to" gasoline/diesel for everyday tasks. Our home is heated by propane (no electricity required) and we keep our 1000 gallon tank pretty well topped-off. Also have a small (quite small) wood burning cook stove and about 15 cords of wood for a long term situation! And a pretty good supply of long term storage foods, a lot of medications, ect.

That's the majority of the major stuff we've done in preparation for a SHTF scenario! memtb

Last edited:
I thought you said bug out bag ! I did not realize you were talking about a bug out truck complete with supplies for all seasons. Silly me. :)
That's ok,we ask questions and get answers all the time here.
I have an old 1998 Chevy truck 4x4 and we keep it ready,just in case.Everything is within grabbing distance.
In some places some folks only had a few minutes to get out so we are trying to be a little bit prepared.

That's ok,we ask questions and get answers all the time here.
I have an old 1998 Chevy truck 4x4 and we keep it ready,just in case.Everything is within grabbing distance.
In some places some folks only had a few minutes to get out so we are trying to be a little bit prepared.

Do you have any particular place to go in the mountains ?

Yes.My family members know where it is.I hope that's all that know but I doubt it.
Montana will be a primary target if a nuclear war started due to missle silo's all over northern Montana

I think war is likely. I think the ultimate reason for the war would be to act as a distraction and an excuse for resetting the financial system which is already on it's knees. Everything we are told is a lie and a scam.

If you have money in the bank it is not your money.... The money is not even there even if it is your money. And the money never existed in the first place,. It's fake money.

IMG_4359.JPG

Real money is gold and silver, nothing else.

Recent Posts