Bug Infestation

We always had these centipede looking bugs in our basement and all houses around us. Been since we moved in 14 years ago with a new house. Would find dozens on the basement floor curled up dead.
The other day when it rained we had thousands of them crawling up our outside siding.
I sprayed next to the foundatation but these little bastards got into our home and are everywhere. Don't know how they can get through the outside walls and then the sheetrock and moldings in the house.
Anyone know what they are or had the same problem??? We live in GA.
Thanks
Len & Jill
Len:

Ortho Home Defense. Not harmful to animals once "dry". I had an infestation of tiny beetles one time. Ernest the bug man couldn't get rid of them. I fired him and found OHD. Got rid of them in one spraying.

Len:

Ortho Home Defense. Not harmful to animals once "dry". I had an infestation of tiny beetles one time. Ernest the bug man couldn't get rid of them. I fired him and found OHD. Got rid of them in one spraying.
That's exactly what we bought
image.jpg

Tempo is your friend, We own a pet boarding facility, lock the pets in and spray the out side kennels. Once it dries (15 minutes) we let the pets out a spray the inside. 1 ounce tempo in a gallon pump sprayer. For our house 2' all the way around on the ground, and split the spray width on the wall and eave. Apply every 4-6 weeks.

We had them since we moved in and many homes before us in this area.
I think I will just get some of our 106 octane gasoline stored for our generator (prepper) and "Splash" against our house. Wait a few minutes for the gasolines to start chasing the centepedes out of the siding and then set a tourch to them and burn them out!🥵😡
That would make a great Allstate commercial. ;)

another vote for ortho home defense. we're on a slab, so i go around the exposed portion of the foundation, right under the first row of siding and spray it in about a 6-12" wide band. as soon as we start seeing bugs in the house i do it again. lasts 2-3 months usually.

another vote for ortho home defense. we're on a slab, so i go around the exposed portion of the foundation, right under the first row of siding and spray it in about a 6-12" wide band. as soon as we start seeing bugs in the house i do it again. lasts 2-3 months usually.
Me too (slab) Pretty much the same process as well.

Thanks for the info on the Ortho Home Defense stuff - should help with invasive spiders like hobo spiders (not nice). I have a trap line of folded Terro sticky traps that get loaded up & need to be tossed every 6 months. Seems like fall with the onset of cold weather gets them to invade.