Bug Infestation

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We always had these centipede looking bugs in our basement and all houses around us. Been since we moved in 14 years ago with a new house. Would find dozens on the basement floor curled up dead.
The other day when it rained we had thousands of them crawling up our outside siding.
I sprayed next to the foundatation but these little bastards got into our home and are everywhere. Don't know how they can get through the outside walls and then the sheetrock and moldings in the house.
Anyone know what they are or had the same problem??? We live in GA.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Attachments

• Bugs 2.jpg
    Bugs 2.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 99
  • Bugs 3.jpg
    Bugs 3.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Bugs.jpg
    Bugs.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 98
We always had these centipede looking bugs in our basement and all houses around us. Been since we moved in 14 years ago with a new house. Would find dozens on the basement floor curled up dead.
The other day when it rained we had thousands of them crawling up our outside siding.
I sprayed next to the foundatation but these little bastards got into our home and are everywhere. Don't know how they can get through the outside walls and then the sheetrock and moldings in the house.
Anyone know what they are or had the same problem??? We live in GA.
Thanks
Len & Jill
Got them in Tennessee too

Might be a tree bug, but don't know the scientific name. I know that sounds strange. Has it rained lately? If so, take note.

Use some systemic (not sure if it's spelled correctly) around the base of trees and your house and let soak in for about 2-6 hours and then it should be safe enough for your loved ones. I use it once a year for all tree and plant issues.

WE have the same problems in Florida.
Had scorpion, centipede types, carpenter ants, other ants, beetles, palmetto bugs and such especially after a few days of heavy rain. Tried everything they had at home Depot, Ace Hardware etc.
Found a product on line called TEMPO SC. Mixes with water and sprayed the entire house and garage foundation approximately 20'' HIGH AND 24 " WIDE ON THE DIRT ADJACENT TO FOUNDATION.
We haven't had a problem with them since. Product can also be used around barns etc. Now we have to find a way to stop the yellow flies and mosquitoes.

Take them to your soil and water conservation district office and see if they can help.
We had them since we moved in and many homes before us in this area.
I think I will just get some of our 106 octane gasoline stored for our generator (prepper) and "Splash" against our house. Wait a few minutes for the gasolines to start chasing the centepedes out of the siding and then set a tourch to them and burn them out!🥵😡

There's lots of holes throughout the exterior for those little things to crawl through....
I have bugs called springtails....crawl around outside til it gets hot and dries the moisture out of the ground....they can crawl through door mesh easily....these happen to crawl thru the vinyl window drain holes.....I think....gotta let bug spray fill the bottom of the window channel to kill most of them.....

I use ortho home defense inside and outside

WE have the same problems in Florida.
Had scorpion, centipede types, carpenter ants, other ants, beetles, palmetto bugs and such especially after a few days of heavy rain. Tried everything they had at home Depot, Ace Hardware etc.
Found a product on line called TEMPO SC. Mixes with water and sprayed the entire house and garage foundation approximately 20'' HIGH AND 24 " WIDE ON THE DIRT ADJACENT TO FOUNDATION.
We haven't had a problem with them since. Product can also be used around barns etc. Now we have to find a way to stop the yellow flies and mosquitoes.
I second the option for Tempo SC.Yep it is a pesticide but our dogs don't have a problem with it.
We get spiders like crazy if I don't spray.I can handle bugs,flying roaches that south Florida has and even snakes but not spiders.
Tempo stops all that noise.

I second the option for Tempo SC.Yep it is a pesticide but our dogs don't have a problem with it.
We get spiders like crazy if I don't spray.I can handle bugs,flying roaches that south Florida has and even snakes but not spiders.
Tempo stops all that noise.

Yes I have used it as well. It is safe once it dries. If I remember right it is labeled for use in food prep areas as well. So as safe as it gets unless you licking the jug. LOL

Thanks

Buck

Looks like you have a 'Garden Millipede' there. They're pretty common here in Kentucky as well. Here's a couple links that describe the differences between centipede vs. millipede as well as some eradication suggestions.