Bug out bag

jamie eaton

Just like the title suggests I'm looking to put together a couple escape kits . May be different bags for different disasters . What are you doing ? What is your must haves ?

I may be naive , I know I can't take everything . Hope for the chance to come back for more if there is anymore ? My best idea would be stay and go down with the ship . Possibly a pack for each person with a different gun in each ? Say a 22lr and an AR223 . Couple hundred rounds of each ? I understand the basics like fire starter , rope , knives , first aid kit .

Knowledge.

There is no one kit and to have everything means you're not mobile. Simple as that. Closer to the city, the worst this will be.

If it's martial law, you won't make it far carrying a rifle.

If it's the walking dead you might not get far with just a pistol.

If you're old and feeble, requiring a ebike, then having something on your back just prolly ain't gunna work for you.

if you're kit is at home but the disaster happens else where, then it's useless. If you carry a bag in your vehicle then it's a get home bag.

The reality is, much of it ain't going to work the way you think it will. Most people would benefit from just staying home. Even if there was a good reason to leave…you'll be competing against everything swinging pecker and floppy Jo in your AO for resources and road usage, all just to be funneled by the same government most of you dislike. To clarify, say a ICBM is on its way to you…you're not outrunning it more than likely…at least through conventional means.

So, to reiterate, these bags and what not require knowledge and proper planning to build even a half realistic contingency against real problems.

Let's take a more realistic approach. Maybe others here have real world experience. Hurricane Katrina…your house is flooding….what bag would you have, that would actually help your problem in this developing natural disaster? Do you or even can you leave or stay? Where do you go? How do you get there? How do you stay hydrated? Do you have kids? Are they idiots that will get you killed?

Last edited:
Nice honest approach . That's just the right answer to get you thinking . I never even thought about a truck bag to get home . I have a feeling that most people I know would be trying to get to my house as a hub to travel out from . I have a very small group of friends and family and it seems to be getting smaller all the time .

In the case of most disasters, I would stay home. I have clean water for a week to ten days, food, guns and ammo, a few good cigars and a 50 year old bottle of Courvoisier cognac. I live on a hill, so flooding is not likely. In the event of marshal law I would out of luck since I can not call in an air strike or heavy artillery. Big guns usually trump small arms.

Your main concern should be where the H E double hockey sticks are you going to bug out to? If you are in the city I could see wanting to get out, but where? If you live in the country you should have some essentials on you when you leave home to get back home. Then depending on the scenario it is protecting what you have at your chosen location. Thinking worst case scenarios and than working backwards will help you decide what you are doing. Make a plan and than you can decide what you need. Most don't realize how bad it could be and they think they will be banding with friends and thinking positive. If things go south people will turn and it will be a dog eat dog world. I have many people that think they will be coming to me for help because Of my background. That's what they think but in reality it will be me taking care of my immediate family by any means necessary.
So start working your way from your endgame scenarios to where you are and that will help you decide what's important to pack in your bag.

Just like the title suggests I'm looking to put together a couple escape kits . May be different bags for different disasters . What are you doing ? What is your must haves ?

I am fully bugged in and self reliant. I've been a prepper for over 20 years and have supplies to last at least three years. I am ready for anything. Bring it on ! :D

A good dog is priceless for shtf.
1I54rtZ.jpg

The dollar is collapsing right now. The US national debt has grown by 1 Trillion in the last 100 days, It will not be long till all fiat currencies are totally worthless. 🤣

Last edited: