Browning Hells Canyon Twist Rate

Luke.Nukem

E18891D1-AFE9-4BE7-94D6-C6F962B35C6C.jpeg
I bought a browning hells canyon long range today in 7mm rem mag. Everywhere on the internet says it is a 1:9.5" twist barrel, including brownings website. To my surprise, my barrel is stamped 1:8" twist. Does anyone else have a 7mm HC long range? If so, what is the barrel stamped? I hope it is indeed 1:8 so I can stabilize the 195 berger eol's.

Take your cleaning rod and measure your twist. You can google "Jeff brozovich barrel twist" and see a how to video.
View attachment 88948 I bought a browning hells canyon long range today in 7mm rem mag. Everywhere on the internet says it is a 1:9.5" twist barrel, including brownings website. To my surprise, my barrel is stamped 1:8" twist. Does anyone else have a 7mm HC long range? If so, what is the barrel stamped? I hope it is indeed 1:8 so I can stabilize the 195 berger eol's.

I'll measure the twist when I get back home in a couple days to validate the stamp on the barrel is correct, thanks guys.

If Browning has started using 1:8 twists for all their 7mm barrels, then that's awesome. Like was stated, someone had to do it, and maybe this will spur everyone else on....COUGH COUGH...REMINGTON...COUGH COUGH!

If Browning has started using 1:8 twists for all their 7mm barrels, then that's awesome. Like was stated, someone had to do it, and maybe this will spur everyone else on....COUGH COUGH...REMINGTON...COUGH COUGH!

I think they're too busy trying to keep their heads above water. . .

Nice! Almost makes me rethink my decision to stay with my Sako A7 in 7mm. A 1:8 would probably let me stabilize the 168 gr lrx, which keyholes in my current setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.