Brass tumbling media

BEAR CARAWAY

hey folks, i was running low on walnut media for my tumbler--- vibrating type so i went with an additive that i have at the house. i am a aircraft mechanic by trade and we use baking soda as a means to strip paint from the planes. very low abrasion factor. so i thought why not add some to my worn out walnut... it turned out great. now please be aware if you try it there will be a very fine dust that is created. in fact it scared the heck out of me when i went and checked to see if it was working. i thought my machine was on fire..... just dust...cleans up fine, very good final result... i have done 500 cases so far, no issues with internal powder residue.... lot cheaper than other additives... i use about half a box of baking soda to a full load of media.... still using the fist batch.....try it and see if ya'll like it.... good shooting... Bearlightbulb

hey folks, i was running low on walnut media for my tumbler--- vibrating type so i went with an additive that i have at the house. i am a aircraft mechanic by trade and we use baking soda as a means to strip paint from the planes. very low abrasion factor. so i thought why not add some to my worn out walnut... it turned out great. now please be aware if you try it there will be a very fine dust that is created. in fact it scared the heck out of me when i went and checked to see if it was working. i thought my machine was on fire..... just dust...cleans up fine, very good final result... i have done 500 cases so far, no issues with internal powder residue.... lot cheaper than other additives... i use about half a box of baking soda to a full load of media.... still using the fist batch.....try it and see if ya'll like it.... good shooting... Bearlightbulb
Bear ; I remember a while back we used Arm & Hammer for carpet to rid house of smells from previous owners,but here comes the bad part,,We didn't think of it at the time but burned up one sweeper cuz of the powder getting into the internal filters ,even though we flushed out all the filters the powder got by the filters and ended up in the motor,two years later when we took up carpet ;still found little pockets of the powder(,lesson learned) carpet smelled good though!! LOL!!

Someone mentioned 20 mule team borax.I bet that would work!
In the south we used borax to keep roaches and ants out of the house.
But Borax soap would be a nice thing to try.I have some and will try it soon.
At the present I use Nufinish and mineral spirits and it works great