Brass Dry Time

Win.308Stealth

Just wondering how everybody else is drying their brass after sonic/steel media cleaning? And when do you know that its 100% dry? I used to fan dry, then switched over to drying in the oven on "warm". Buy now I'm thinking of just throwing the brass into a food dehydrator. Just wondering if anyone used this method?

Dump them in a large towel, fold the towel long ways, gather the towel ends like it was a tube and tumble the brass back and forth fast with both hands up and down. (Hard to explain in words)
Then fan dry the rest of the moisture out overnite.

I have heard of guys blowing compressed air through each one but that sounds like a lot of work if you're doing 2 or 3 hundred.

Dump them in a large towel, fold the towel long ways, gather the towel ends like it was a tube and tumble the brass back and forth fast with both hands up and down. (Hard to explain in words)
Then fan dry the rest of the moisture out overnite.

I have heard of guys blowing compressed air through each one but that sounds like a lot of work if you're doing 2 or 3 hundred.
I've used compressed air many times, but usually I'm doing size 270 Win or larger, and no more than 100. I'll still air dry them in front of a fan, though.

I've gotten a bit lazier about it, and now use a towel as you describe to shake & tumble them by hand. I then lay them out in front of the fan overnight, and by morning they're fine.

Win308...

Sooo, what didn't you like about using the oven? It is so easy and efficient. By the time I have my ultrasonic cleaned up and taken back downstairs and my cleaning agents put away I have 10 more minutes until my brass is dry. You won't find anything near as cheap as a cookie sheet and it is the fastest way to dry your brass...
Larry

After I do a sonic clean or after sizing brass I dump it all in a large bowl and pour rubbing alcohol in it. Just enough to cover the brass, agitate for a minute by hand, pour the alcohol back into the original container and set in front of a small heater if it's winter or in the sun if it's summer. I will usually let them set for at least one hour to dry.

Food dehydrator is my toy and in the garage, so went ahead and used it last night. Worked real nice. Might try the rubbing alcohol next time also.

I've used towel/air dry, oven and compressed air. Easiest here is roll in a towel and an hour in the blazing 113 degrees outside.

Below a cheap bastards convection oven, the brass dries very fast.

A hair drier and a five gallon bucket.

hairdryer_zps427528d6.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.