BR4 vs Kilo 8K

I haven't played with the BR4, but with my Kilo 8k, I went that direction because of the laser divergence can be adjusted to line up more accurately.
Plus the speed of it is incredible and ranging capabilities, Doubled compared to the BR4
Sig has AB solver, 30 profiles, CDM access that can be trued.
Lots of superior options to me when comparing them on paper.

I had a warranty issue on my 2400ABS and Sig sent me their 8KABS. I can't compare it to the B4 but I'm really impressed with the new unit. Has a few more features that I like and the linking to basemap is huge. Hopefully someone will do a head to head comparison here but at this point I don't know why someone would chose a B4 over the 8K. Would love to hear those reasons as well.

I had a warranty issue on my 2400ABS and Sig sent me their 8KABS. I can't compare it to the B4 but I'm really impressed with the new unit. Has a few more features that I like and the linking to basemap is huge. Hopefully someone will do a head to head comparison here but at this point I don't know why someone would chose a B4 over the 8K. Would love to hear those reasons as well.
Does the 8K have the blueish tint that the 4k had ? I went with the BR4 because of the 10x and the lack of the tint like the Sig 4K

What kind of issue? I have a Kilo 2000 and the reticle is going out…..it's getting harder and harder to see what exactly it's pointing at. I'm hoping to send it in to maybe upgrade to the 5k but I'm waiting to save money just in case I have to send money for the upgrade.

I went with the BR4 because of 10 years of solid performance, reliability, and success I had with the 2 generations of the Gunwerks BR's.
While the Sig 8K has some unique features, past reliability issues with the Sig2400 experienced by myself and a few buddies tipped me to the BR4.
My initial reaction working with my recently purchased BR4 is very positive. Set-up was fast, and easy, with the smaller physical size, improved ranging performance, and advanced capabilities living up to the claims…and my own expectations. I'm looking forward to giving it a LRH workout.

Last edited:
What kind of issue? I have a Kilo 2000 and the reticle is going out…..it's getting harder and harder to see what exactly it's pointing at. I'm hoping to send it in to maybe upgrade to the 5k but I'm waiting to save money just in case I have to send money for the upgrade.
Bluetooth connectivity issues and sometimes it would shut down. My understanding is they will replace it and if your unit isn't available it would be upgraded to the next available model. I didn't have to pay a cent and was more than happy with their customer service.

My 2400 is having an issue with the 3rd & 4th profiles. Once entered, they pull their data from the second profile when computing a solution making those profiles worthless. Spoke with Sig about it. They said send it in and we'll fix it as electronics are covered for 10 years. I'm waiting a few more years in the hopes they'll be out of replacement parts and will send me an 8k...

My 2400 is having an issue with the 3rd & 4th profiles. Once entered, they pull their data from the second profile when computing a solution making those profiles worthless. Spoke with Sig about it. They said send it in and we'll fix it as electronics are covered for 10 years. I'm waiting a few more years in the hopes they'll be out of replacement parts and will send me an 8k...
I'm not sure they have replacement parts as they didn't even try to fix mine. They included a letter with what they found and didn't attempt a repair. Just sent the new 8K. Good luck.