Kilo 2400 vs shooter app actual drops

Rhovee

I went and took both my rifles out to shoot some rocks at 1197 today. I used my 338 edge and Kilo 2400 and drops were spot on. Next up was the 30/28 Nosler and I was shooting 1 MOA high. I decided to run all the info from shooting solution into my Shooter app and it called for the correct moa (25). My speeds are from a Labradar with 50 rounds accounted for velocity. Any ideas why the Kilo 2400 would be calling for 1 moa higher than impact or shooter app?

How many data points do you have saved on your profile for the 30/28? I have found a minimum of 2 data points has provided me much better drop data. I now have 3-4 data points for all my rifles and I don't even have to think about it anymore. I also found that if you have calibrated a certain cartridge and not corrected the saved data points back to the calibrated velocity you'll get some bad info. back to you.

I don't have the drop scale calibrated for actual drops. I don't put much confidence in shooting rocks for precision down to .25 moa. I'll have to wait tell I can shoot on some steel and enter those. I tried that today and it mentioned 3116 FPS.

I don't blame you for not calibrating against rocks. Another thing to ponder is the wind value and direction that was in your range finder. I was leaving mine set at 5 mph from 3 o'clock and getting some bad info. back. I called Sig and they informed me that the system actually accounts for ballistic jumps in wind. I don't leave a wind value in my rangefinder anymore

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts