shooter app

I believe that the g7 profile is considered to be more accurate, so I would think if there is a g7 bc for your selected bullet then the answer would be yes. If I'm wrong, which is entirely possible, someone will correct me. And by the way I'm married, so yes I'm use to it:D.

I just want to make sure I'm using the correct profile, there's a significant difference in moa adjustment between the two.

So on the screen where you set up your bullet profile for the rifle you are going to shoot it in. It asks for g1 or g7. There is also a place where there is a number for the bc. In my case for a 180 grain nosler AB I have been using the g1 bc of .507. I don't know what the g7 bc would be. But I'm pretty sure it would be quite a bit lower probably some place around .260. So if I don't know the g7 bc and tell the shooter app to use the g7 and and leave the .507 installed it will show a significantly lower moa adjustment. It's my understanding that the g7 bc is the better of the profiles to use. But the number put into the shooter ap has to be correct and unless I'm wrong the g7 number is going to be significantly less than the g1. Hope that helps???????????????

One bullet I'm shooting has a .520 bc and 3418 velocity the other has .629 bc and 2860 velocity are they both g7?

They are undoubtedly G1s. G7s are close to independent of velocity. The large magnitude and velocity dependence would indicate G1s.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.