Boycott Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowhunter65, Feb 28, 2018.

1. geo4061

geo4061 Well-Known Member

Heard a news report that said Walmart raised their age to buy a firearm to 21.

Buck Buster likes this.
  2. Buck Buster

Buck Buster Well-Known Member

We still have to boycott those that are obviously taking sides with the anti gun movement, that includes the taking of or in this case not making available certain guns. I was on Dick's Email list and just had my name removed from it, and I told them why.

RockyMtnMT likes this.
  3. Buck Buster

This is added pressure on those that still do "not to" sell them, they need to lose money across the board, not just on the guns they refuse to sell, $CREW DICKS!!!

4. Buck Buster

You do mean you bought a few on the way out right? Ha, Ha, Ha, that may be taken the wrong way by some.

5. Buck Buster

It takes a man to admit when he is wrong. Good job stink! Welcome aboard.

6. Buck Buster

What good can this possibly do?? Many states don't allow alcohol sales to anyone under 21, but there are many people 21 that will buy it for them. The Indians were able to get guns, if someone has enough money or something valuable to trade there will be no trouble with them being able to get any gun they want.

7. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

Flog me if you like however I think we may be a little too liberal with who we allow to have guns.
    Now I am not saying to stop sales or take them away, but I am a sportsman/hunter and think they need to be geared toward that. I also see the "militia" argument; the battle rifle of today is the AR, where the battle rifle of yesterday was the musket. Hard call to make.

I see the lack of competance with the individuals on the range and it's scary. Just because you can buy an AR doesn't mean you need to buy and AR. Just because you attend a course, does not show competance.
    I am an active duty member and see it with folks that are supposed to be the professionals, same deal with some police.

I think it kind of boils down to the shop owner and the "no shirt, no shoes, no service". Hard to refuse service on a $500 sale I guess.

All this doesn't mean anything as the psycho is going to get it done anyway.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Buck Buster likes this.
  8. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

Freedom has a cost. Not everyone should own a car either. I could get killed on the highway by a lunatic in a car today. I don't want to go there either.

Steve

Buck Buster and Rich Coyle like this.
  9. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

Also lunatics don't have a "right" to own a car but they do because we are free.

Steve

Buck Buster likes this.
  10. Buck Buster

While I agree 100% that there are some that I wonder if they should be handling a gun period, what can you do? The laws are in place that should keep most nuts from getting a gun if the laws are followed. You can not commit everyone for observation before allowing them to purchase a gun, and if by some means you could, there is nothing to say that a perfectly fine person today won't flip out tomorrow and shoot the hell out of things. Gun dealers, and others that sell guns have got to follow the laws that are already there when selling guns to anyone. The human population is increasing rapidly, and that alone will mean more nuts per 1000, or in other words, the number of shooting incidents will inevitably increase. That's just the facts, the higher the population the more bad people there will also be, Robbers, rapists, terrorists and murderers you name it their numbers will unfortunately increase. This is why all competent Americans should be armed for their own protection and to help protect others. Only GOD can change the people of the world!! Good luck hunting and be safe.

11. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting Dick's decision is an effort to protect citizens in the country from self-inflicted injury of owning an AR? That topic seems to deserve it's own Thread.

Buck Buster likes this.
  12. nmbarta

nmbarta Well-Known Member

I've never spent a dime with them, and never will.
    I try to spend my money with with small local gun shops

Buck Buster and Dgd6mm like this.
  13. longrangehunterII

longrangehunterII Well-Known Member

When Dicks came to Spokane WA I walked in to see if they had any reloading components years ago and had to laugh at their firearm/shooting department......which they don't supply by the way unless you need BB's, a BB Gun, or a Slingshot!

Yah, they had a very small gun counter...... The size of even the smallest gun dealer at a gun show, but I don't attend them either or Dicks......... Just another Sports Authority shoe and clothing store, never liked them nor will I shop their.

HARPERC likes this.
  14. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

I would say Dick’s is trying to distance themselves in a CYA kind of way.
    Probably is off topic for this thread.

Buck Buster likes this.