Boycott Dick's Sporting Goods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowhunter65, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Gregg C

Gregg C Well-Known Member

Met a guy, 14 yrs in Army Rangers, went shooting with him several times, as he had full auto rifles ( legally ), trained a little with him in advance and cover scenarios . Really liked him, Second Amendment believer. Asked him Why did you quit the Army, you only had 6 more to go. He said that a questionnaire had been circulated by Command, asking, among other things, if so ordered, will you fire on American Citizens? All of the older hands said no, and all who said no started getting the so called **** details. Also said the younger guys coming in, had answered yes. So, yeah, don't assume they are on board. Scary stuff.

Buck Buster likes this.
  2. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

Guys, that is just flat scary...

Steve

TwoMore, CaptnC and Buck Buster like this.
  3. Shane Lindsey

Shane Lindsey Well-Known Member

25 year Marine and I don’t ever recall being asked that question.

Definitely makes you think.

Buck Buster likes this.
  4. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

I always figured that if the S hit the fan that at least 50% of the uniforms would be on the side of freedom.

Steve

Buck Buster likes this.
  5. rscottb

rscottb Active Member

Never ran across that or heard about that in my 20 plus years of active duty combat arms time. A question like that would get some strange looks as to why would anyone ask and have you ever heard about the Posse Comitatus Act?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
    Would I give up 14 years service with 5 to go because of a survey? I could always call branch and volunteer for another overseas or special duty assignment if it sucks that bad. Besides Ranger branch is always looking for Rangers to go to the schoolhouse.

With all those green card and grey card pretenders out, I begin to wonder.

300whisper and Buck Buster like this.
  6. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Baloney!

Buck Buster likes this.
  7. Buck Buster

Buck Buster Well-Known Member

What I am trying to say is that he says and tweets things that he should not!!! And that is only fuel for the fire for those that want him out of office. He was not my first choice but I voted for him, I even changed parties so I could vote for him in the primaries. I don't want to see him impeached but he has got to listen to his advisors. Most of the bad news against him is from what he says and tweets!! He doesn't use common sense. This is just my opinion, the way I see it Rich.

8. Gregg C

Here is hoping and praying it never ever never even comes close. That would be a very sad day . I love our country, and it breaks my heart when I think about all the garbage going on, but Mr Franklin had it right. As soon as people realize they can vote themselves into entitlement , it's all over. And wala......seems like a new protected class ( entitled ) crops up every month.

Buck Buster likes this.
  9. DCAN

DCAN Well-Known Member

Based on my personal experience, you are right on the money. At least as far a LE is concerned. With the influx of our American heros into the ranks of LE, I can only hope the % is getting better. If there is one thing I'm sure of, it is that our men and women who are serving, or have served, make it possible for the rest of us to live free. Without them we have nothing.God bless them, one and all.

10. Gregg C

Yup. Them , is all of us. Wise words.

Buck Buster likes this.
  11. Riflehunter1776

Riflehunter1776 Well-Known Member

I contacted LL Bean about their discriminatory new policy. Some customer service chick quickly gave me a snitty "we're going to do what we're going to do" reply.

Buck Buster likes this.
  12. Rich Coyle

Rich Coyle Well-Known Member

Why does the Left hate Mike Pence? He doesn't tweet or say things you think are wrong? Let me help you with a little history. The left wanted Bush out and he capitulated regularly.

Again I say Baloney!

Buck Buster and TwoMore like this.
  13. claybreaker

claybreaker Active Member

I believe they hate Mike Pence because of his strong Christian beliefs.

I've not darken the doors of Dicks since they stopped selling AR's the FIRST time.

Question: If it was against the their policy to sell them after the first time, why open a second set of stores (field & stream) and sell them there?

I think they compromised their own values, and this action tells me much about their integrity.

Be Safe,

Buck Buster and Riflehunter1776 like this.
  14. Buck Buster

Buck Buster Well-Known Member

I agree, they don't want Trump or anything that has to do with him in there including Pence or any of Trump's family members. That's why he has got to be extra carful about what he says or tweets. The left are nutso's and anyone that looks at the evidence can see it. All you have to do is watch Fox news and Hannity, he tells it like it is and even he is taking heat because of his backing of Trump. I am on your side Rich I don't want to see him loose the Presidency because of what he says or tweets is all. Anybody that wants him to remain the President should also feel this way. Perhaps you don't want him in there, and you fell that there are other reasons he shouldn't be President, If that is the case then I say Baloney!!!! And we are getting away from the boycott of Dicks Sporting Goods, so this is the last I will say anything about the one I feel should remain as president.