Time to Boycott CMT?

Switched over to SiriusXM years ago, Outlaw Country on channel 62, plays 24/7 with no ads or news bs ever. Rarely need to change channel. Best $9 bucks a month
I had that years ago when I was on the road alot. Mine was always on either Outlaw Country or Twins baseball.
Thinking maybe it's time to take another look at it.

I went to his website to order the CD, but I guess the album hasn't released yet? I bought a T-shirt instead

Austin Moody is another to give a listen, his new song is "I'm Just Saying"

Here's the lyrics

IMG_9019.jpeg
IMG_9020.jpeg
IMG_9021.jpeg
IMG_9022.jpeg
IMG_9023.jpeg

I have to ask. What was the name of the song that got banned from CMT? I listen to the country music station when driving, until they play country RAP. Then I switch it to classic rock until they play the Beatles. Then I shut it off and roll down the window and listen to the wind. I listen to a lot of wind.

I think that we could get along pretty well! We can avoid the "new country" by using SiriusXM. We occasionally listen to '60's rock, when the Beatles come on, I usually change the station….unless it's one of the few that I can tolerate! 🙂 memtb

I have to ask. What was the name of the song that got banned from CMT? I listen to the country music station when driving, until they play country RAP. Then I switch it to classic rock until they play the Beatles. Then I shut it off and roll down the window and listen to the wind. I listen to a lot of wind.
I'm with you on that, Red! I haven't listened to "New Country" since the mid 90s.
"Try that in a Small Town" is the name of Aldeans song that got banned.
To me, it's kind of like the stations that change some of the words to be "less offensive". When I hear a song on the radio that they changed the lyrics, I immediately "boycott" that station.

I don't boycott anyone. It's just so negative. I believe in being positive. So, I choose to support ONLY the businesses whose values align with mine. As far a CMT is concern, I never watched it to begin with, and a couple of decades ago when some singer named Etheridge started blowing smoke, I found more possitive outlets for my entertainment.

Never heard a peep about Hank Jrs "A Country Boy Can Survive" (a personal favorite).
NFL dropped his song that they have used for their ads for a long time. It seems his his song "If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie" offended the NFL players. ( the kneelers) But I don't watch the NFL either.