Time to Boycott CMT?

Dropping his song was ridiculous. Sorry people got "offended". Sounds like a personal issue. Jason Aldean had some pretty known political views so why did it surprise people? And I agree on Nashville being woke. Basically the only country I listen to is either Texas/red dirt country or older country.

Not a peep about that trashy rap that lyrics frequently speak of murder, drugs and prostitution.

I'm with you! 95% of it isn't what I call country.
Like others I have been buying C D's for years and can listen to REAL country music anytime I want.
I can't get on the reloading bench without George Jones,Johnny Cash and Patsey Cline just to name a few.
Got way more than that though.

I'll cut a contrarian track.

The folks at cmt need this, quite frankly the attention from this stunt is more than America has cared about cmt since Alan Jackson sang do you remember 22 years ago on September 12. Legacy media is dead if not terminally ill. This is a last ditch effort to try and get anyone to care that they exist.

At best it got more eyes on Jason Aldeans and maybe a fee purple haired cmt viewers. At worst it got him more ears on his single and it's the last gasp of a relic long since defunct.

I'll cut a contrarian track.

The folks at cmt need this, quite frankly the attention from this stunt is more than America has cared about cmt since Alan Jackson sang do you remember 22 years ago on September 12. Legacy media is dead if not terminally ill. This is a last ditch effort to try and get anyone to care that they exist.

At best it got more eyes on Jason Aldeans and maybe a fee purple haired cmt viewers. At worst it got him more ears on his single and it's the last gasp of a relic long since defunct.
So true comfisherman,I never heard the song before but after all the who-do I went online and listened to it several times.
The heck with CMT,I don't need them and haven't watched them in 10 years or more.