Bore Snake

Not a fan of bore snakes because you use them once and they are dirty. Use them again, you are putting some of the abrasive dirt back in the bore with the potential of scratching the bore.
What I do is after 3 uses put into a sock and put into the washer with the dungarees and other work clothes.

As others have said on here I like using bore snakes as a quick method to clear the barrel in the field, but try to use them sparingly and not as a primary cleaning method. I've heard it's too difficult to consistently pull it straight out of the barrel so with too much use you can cause the crown of the barrel to get uneven which will affect accuracy.

After the match I use bore snake, usually 3-4 pulls. Go home and Hoppes on a nylon brush followed by 4-6 soaked patches then a dry patch followed by patch with Break Free.
Just my method….

As others have said on here I like using bore snakes as a quick method to clear the barrel in the field, but try to use them sparingly and not as a primary cleaning method. I've heard it's too difficult to consistently pull it straight out of the barrel so with too much use you can cause the crown of the barrel to get uneven which will affect accuracy.
Can you explain how a piece of fabric and some bronze bristles are damaging the crown of a steel barrel?

The only concern I've had with bore snakes is the possibility of breaking the rope while pulling through a tight bore. It is not the best way to thoroughly clean the bore, but field stripping semiautos brings other concerns while away from your home base. Have you ever tried to find a spring or other small part when it falls in the grass or dirt?

Can you explain how a piece of fabric and some bronze bristles are damaging the crown of a steel barrel?
I was wondering the same thing and wouldn't say I completely believe it, but I heard it from a gunsmith that works on a lot of rifles for PRS shooters so he seems knowledgeable. My understanding is that the hard portion that has the bristles on it can rub one side more than another if not pulled perfectly straight out, which can cause the crown to wear a little differently on one side.

Well I don't want to start a cleaning debate or argue with pro shooters. I don't think that it's possible for bronze to damage steel due to the hardness of bronze being less than the steel barrel. I have used boresnakes for about 15 years and never had any break the rope off but that sounds like it could be awkward. Some of mine are Hoppes some are no name Amazon cheapies. I always spray the front end of mine with CLP, pull it through a few times, then spray the back end and do one more if I'm putting the gun away for a while. I think they work great. Plan on getting a couple of the Hoppes Viper snakes that are more aggressive. One run with a snake is the equivalent of a lot of patches.

Well I don't want to start a cleaning debate or argue with pro shooters. I don't think that it's possible for bronze to damage steel due to the hardness of bronze being less than the steel barrel. I have used boresnakes for about 15 years and never had any break the rope off but that sounds like it could be awkward. Some of mine are Hoppes some are no name Amazon cheapies. I always spray the front end of mine with CLP, pull it through a few times, then spray the back end and do one more if I'm putting the gun away for a while. I think they work great. Plan on getting a couple of the Hoppes Viper snakes that are more aggressive. One run with a snake is the equivalent of a lot of patches.
Makes sense, I've used them for years too with no issues so I continue to for quick cleanings. I'm still trying to get a consistent method for more thorough cleanings.