Boots

lefty15

Just wondering what boot you have had god success with? I live in Saskatchewan and hunt birds and big game from +20c to -30c. I currently have some Irish setters but they are getting tired. I tried on a pair of "Cabela's "Perfekt" Extreme 400-Gram Hunting Boots by Meindl" and they seemed to fit and feel pretty good. One issue is the 400 grams of thinsulate because my feet are always hot and then of course the price tag of $400.00/cdn. I will be wearing these boots in all kinds of conditions from dry field hunting to swamps hunting moose. I have always had just 1 pair of boots that have done everything that i have needed. I know one has to spend some good dollars to get good boots. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I like lowas. See if they have a style that works for you.

I've had danners, rockys, and kenetreks... and lastly lowa. In fact I have a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes uninsulated w/ very few miles on them for sale... size 11.

I've had Meindls, Danners (U.S. made), Crispi and Salomon 4d GTX. They have all been good. The Salomon 4 d's have been my 'go to' boot for several years now. Best would be to try a few of them and see what fits your foot best.

I am going to look at the Salomon boots tomorrow. For good comfort I can sacrifice a bit of height. My Irish setters are 9" to where the tongue starts. I spoke to a place here in Regina Sask that stocks Salomon and he said they are 7". It is worth a try.

I am going to look at the Salomon boots tomorrow. For good comfort I can sacrifice a bit of height. My Irish setters are 9" to where the tongue starts. I spoke to a place here in Regina Sask that stocks Salomon and he said they are 7". It is worth a try.

I liked how they fit, and most people do, but there is quite a bit of "mesh" on them leaving all waterproofing to the gortex which could last 2yrs or 2hrs. Not a chance in heck I'd trust them to a week in marshy moose land.

I know these boots are lots of $$$ but has anyone tried Zamberlan 980 outfitter boots?

I know these boots are lots of $$$ but has anyone tried Zamberlan 980 outfitter boots?

Probably gonna have more luck finding boot reviews somewhere else, especially considering the amount of responses you've gotten here.

I have Lowa, Crispi and Kenetrek and tried a pair of Zamberlin 980's but returned then for the Lowa's.
If I were to buy another pair I would go with Kenetrek, second would be the Crispi's but that's just my opinion. Best fit for me, almost zero break in but still more ankle support than the Lowa's and I have weak ankles after to many bad sprains.
Hard to go wrong with any of them though.

Just wondering what boot you have had god success with? I live in Saskatchewan and hunt birds and big game from +20c to -30c. I currently have some Irish setters but they are getting tired. I tried on a pair of "Cabela's "Perfekt" Extreme 400-Gram Hunting Boots by Meindl" and they seemed to fit and feel pretty good. One issue is the 400 grams of thinsulate because my feet are always hot and then of course the price tag of $400.00/cdn. I will be wearing these boots in all kinds of conditions from dry field hunting to swamps hunting moose. I have always had just 1 pair of boots that have done everything that i have needed. I know one has to spend some good dollars to get good boots. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hello Lefty 15,

I am the Online Customer Service Relations Manager at Kenetrek. For the type of hunting you have described our Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Non-Insulated would be an excellent option for you. I have provided a description below.

A serious boot for rugged terrain, the new 10 inch Mountain Extreme NI is made with a one piece vamp of 2.8 mm top grain leather on top of stiff nylon midsoles with high traction K-Talon outsoles. Waterproof, breathable Windtex membrane keeps you dry and because they are non-insulated you will stay comfortable in warmer temperatures. Sure to become your favorite boot due to its awesome support, what will really surprise you is just how lightweight and comfortable they are. 3.9 lbs

KENETREK MOUNTAIN EXTREME NON-INS-Kenetrek Boots

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

KenetrekBill

Every boot I have owned for the last 25 years has leaked. Earlier this month I took back my $400 Lowa Cevedale Pro. Didn't have 50 miles on them. Prior to that were the Salomon Quest 4D's. They didn't have 25 miles. Then there were multiple Lowa Renegades, Lowa Zephyr, Vasque Breeze, Danner, Rocky, etc.

Point being, if you buy Gore-Tex boots and expect them to actually work, buy from a retailer that will take them back when they fail. REI will take them back after a year of use if they fail. No questions asked except for "refund or another pair". None of this 10 day, 30 day, or only wear in the house stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.