Stalking boots

If you truly mean stalking such as bowhunting where ranges are about 40 yards or less then I use Merrils. They have a very soft, say it again SOFT sole. Vibram sucks like the hind tit for stalking. It is hard, clunky, whacky, cracky and just fit only for the garbage can. It also makes your arches hurt because the sole won't bend. The most gawdawful stuff ever put on a boot.

I have also taken my boots and had a "gum" soles put on them. It cost about $20.00 but really quietens them down.

Did I mention that I don't like vibram.

Go to your local leather store or saddle maker and get some scrap sheep skin with the wool on it.

Get large enough pieces to make a cover, hair side out, for whatever boots are most comfortable to you.

Takes a little figuring to get the design good enough that they stay on.

They are ugly, but quiet and twig breaking is minimized.

There is a company in US that makes "bear feet". They are very large overshoes like a slipper that you put on to stalk. They are much like Roy's idea, but aleady made. You could probably find on a search on the web. Hit bowhunting store if you can't locate.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.