Schnees boots-

meatyrem

I am considering the schnees extreme PAC boots. Don't know much about them if someone could lend me some of their knowledge about them that would be great. They are probably what I'm gonna go with. I see that the kenetreks pacs are very similar to the schnees and wondering if they are connected in any way, as in does schnees make them for kenetrek or not? I am wondering if the kenetrek northerns are the same as the schnees extreme?

I have the Schnee's 10inch, and am very happy with them. Kenetrek and Schnee's are not related... both manufacture their own boots.

Google "Schnees Kenetrek Pac Boot" and you'll find plenty of reviews between the two.

I've been using Schnees for packs for 16yrs, prior to that I wore out several Whites and the Schnees have been out standing and I have only had new bottoms on them once, the nubs on the bottom of the Schnees have given me much better traction than the others I've used while being lighter!

I have the Schnee's 10inch, and am very happy with them. Kenetrek and Schnee's are not related... both manufacture their own boots.

Google "Schnees Kenetrek Pac Boot" and you'll find plenty of reviews between the two.

Wow, I thought I had that pegged. They both look the same and have all of the same features. I really couldn't see where there was a difference. I see how some companies make things for others, I surely thought this was the case.

I have the Black MIckey's but they are a bit bulky and tend to make my foot go numb when they aren't tied to an exact point. Plus I have a lot of walking I do to and from stands which the mickey's tend to fatigue very quick.

So I ordered the Schnees Extreme 13"

The Kenetreks and Schnees seem very comparable and I found out they are designed by the same person. What I am finding is many people like six of one and a half dozen other.

Thanks to all that helped.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.