3rd Watch Boots Uniform/Duty Boots

birdhunter88

I have a question out there about boots and it not about hunting boots.

I am currently in the process of changing professions and have been hired to become a US Postal Carrier and am looking for a very good pair of "walking" boots. I do not like the USPS "certified" (SR Rated) boots that the post office recommends. Rocky's, I hate them and won't own them. I have had a couple of pair in the past and found them to be uncomfortable and for the money they just break down too fast. I wished that Wolverine would make the Antelope model in black but they don't. So........

The boot has to be BLACK, waterproof and comfortable for lots of standing and walking. I have been doing alot of searching and found that Nataulis makes a boot for Police Officers, Paramedics and Firemen. The division of this company is called 3rd Watch and they make a few differant models. My youngest brother is a Police Sergant with the Waterloo Police Dept but he has always owned the Bates boots and like I always tell him. He is rarely on his feet cuz he is always sitting on his arse all the time. He didn't dispute my observation.

Question #1...... Does anyone have any experiance with a 3rd Watch Boot ?

Also another boot that I was thinking of was a Irish Setter Uniform black Ground Sensing. This truely peeked my interest too sense Irish Setter also makes the Ground Sensing boots in Hunting models.

Question #2.... Does anyone have a pair of the Irish Setter Ground Sensing boots and what are your opinion there ?

Thanks
bird

birdhunter
I've had one pair of the Irish Setters (made by Red Wing I think). They were very comfortable and broke in really quick, however, they didn't hold up all that well for the money.

In their defense though I work in a pretty tough enviroment for boots, they get wet or at least damp every day and I spend a lot of time on expanded metal platforms which eats the soles up pretty quickly.

On that pair the upper seperated from the sole from the big toe area back to the arch.
Hope that helps some
Chris

I'm not sure what the studios payed for but I'm sure that they peyed to much and got screwed.

Personaly I like Hi-Tech's , I go through about a pair a year and that is due to the tread getting shallow so I retire them.

I take out the factory insole and replace with a Poly-sorb one becasue I have high arches , after a few months the insole starts to break down and I replace them , FootLocker replaces mine for free , they have a lifetime warnty

By the way I'm 315lbs and do alot of running in mine due to training and foot pursuit.

The German company Haix make a good range of boots, they have a good customer service and have a US distributor. I have used thier hunting boots and military boots, i like them, good quality and comfortable.
Hi Techs where ok too for a cheap boot.
Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.