Boots for Dall Hunt in NWT

I have been wearing crispi boots for 12 years wouldn't wear anything else not saying they are the best but for me they are best fit. I will also second the sheep feet insoles but if I did have to increase size by a half with them.

I used Miendl siding boots for a New Zealand Tahr/Chamios mountain hunt some years ago. They were highly recommended by my guide/outfitter.

Last edited:
Either 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284. Wherever my confidence lies. Just purchased the PRC and looking to develop a156 EOL load. The 6.5 -284 is getting .25 to .50 with 143 ELDX but didn't stretch it out yet. Going to explore the 147 ELDM and 156 EOL with it also.

Either 6.5 PRC or 6.5-284. Wherever my confidence lies. Just purchased the PRC and looking to develop a156 EOL load. The 6.5 -284 is getting .25 to .50 with 143 ELDX but didn't stretch it out yet. Going to explore the 147 ELDM and 156 EOL with it also.
The 156's perform way better than the eldm's
If the 143's shoot that good just use those

I too have the Crispi's. Very heavy, very stiff. But they fit me well. (1 size up), and they held up well on a Sheep hunt.

Wolff3.jpeg
Wolff1.jpeg
IMG_8747.jpeg

Lancaster's. NWT outfitters

Moments were very physical but overall because of the use of Helicopters it was easier than the Yukon for sheep. Pros and cons.

Try on as many as possible…
Wear around the house…
Watch the weather….
I hunted the last two weeks @ ARRO & was more than comfortable in Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI.