Bog fieldpod vs deathgrip sturdiness

I appreciate all the replies! Some great information that I never knew. Just started hunting more "western style" in the open in Nebraska a few years ago. I've never needed a tripod hunting whitetail in Louisiana. Most spots I hunt where it's long range I hunt from a box blind or some kind of stand with a gun rest, so this is all fairly new to me. I sold my fieldpod and bought the standard deathgrip a few weeks ago, so I'm going to give it a try this season to see how it holds up. First impressions I really like it but that may change with experience. Y'all have listed some great options for a little bit more $ that I could definitely see being more reliable in the long run. For now it's the deathgrip for me.

I don't think you will ever see a tri pod used to reduce recoil. It's made to keep you steady not to suck up the recoil . If you set them up correctly the gun will push back towards you the same as recoil would. Most if not all my rifles are breaked or being converted to run suppressed.
Same, break or suppressor. I can watch the deers reaction in the scope using the death grip. More than70% hit the dirt. Watched friends that have never shot past 150- 200 yards make 300 plus shots and look stunned when the deer drops.

A long while ago, probably 10 years or so, i watched a video of a guy demonstrating a clamp type support mounted on a conventional aluminum tripod.
The rifle he was using was a 7 mm Rem mag.
The recoil of the first shot literally picked the entire setup off the ground and it came back with the gun pointed in an entirely different direction.
The video was over right then, and i was never even able to find it again.
Most of the recent videos i watch are of lighter recoiling guns.
And some guns are also equipped with recoil reducing devices.
I would like to see a video of a demonstration where there is say a 300 WiN MAG with no recoil reducing device being used.
Can some one point me in the right direction for that?
I don't have a video, but I shoot my 7mm Practical off of one regularly. I've used the hog saddle, a tac table, and an arca rail with a ball head. The worst I've experienced is having the single front leg raise a little.
I bought the BOG because I didn't want to spent serious money and not like it. It takes a commitment to learn to use one well. I'm still learning but it's definitely an asset. I'm gonna keep at it. Going forward I would likely buy a better unit, but my carbon fiber BP isn't gathering any dust.

Same, break or suppressor. I can watch the deers reaction in the scope using the death grip. More than70% hit the dirt. Watched friends that have never shot past 150- 200 yards make 300 plus shots and look stunned when the deer drops.
Well certainly a tripod setup wont reduce the recoil of the rifle.
And thats why many are going to recoil reducing devices.
The problem with recoil is that something has to give when it takes place.
And these clamp types of devices arent designed to do that.
Fact is however that it can be done, but not without adding weight, which is another issue with most hunters.

Well certainly a tripod setup wont reduce the recoil of the rifle.
And thats why many are going to recoil reducing devices.
The problem with recoil is that something has to give when it takes place.
And these clamp types of devices arent designed to do that.
Fact is however that it can be done, but not without adding weight, which is another issue with most hunters.
No, it doesn't help with recoil! That's the muzzle breaks job, or the suppressor.

No, it doesn't help with recoil! That's the muzzle breaks job, or the suppressor.
Well all of my heavy recoiling guns have muzzle breaks.
And although they help with felt recoil, they certainly dont eliminate it.
Ive never shot a rifle wearing a suppressor, so i cant speak about those.
But surely there are videos of heavy recoiling rifles using these types of devices?

Well all of my heavy recoiling guns have muzzle breaks.
And although they help with felt recoil, they certainly dont eliminate it.
Ive never shot a rifle wearing a suppressor, so i cant speak about those.
But surely there are videos of heavy recoiling rifles using these types of devices?
Maybe its just a perception or misconseption, however, When I shoot seating at a bench I feel "more" recoil than when I shoot standing up using a tripod. And this is just resting the rifle on a primos tripod.

I have used different typs of tripods or bi-pods over the years. The last time I use one was in Africa. Primos tripod. It work just find and I could adjust it quickly if needed. It kept me on target. Light weight to booth. The only thing I worry about was my from sling pin on the front of the stock for attaching my shouldber strap. Not getting it hooked up and push the tripod around.
I don't like where both ends are supported. If you have to adjust quickly that doesn't work for me, and I don't how it can be adjusted to left or right quickly either.
The only other thing is carrying the tri-pod around. Need someway to carry it with some typ of strape, that can be moved quickly to use. In a stand that's a differen story.

I have used different typs of tripods or bi-pods over the years. The last time I use one was in Africa. Primos tripod. It work just find and I could adjust it quickly if needed. It kept me on target. Light weight to booth. The only thing I worry about was my from sling pin on the front of the stock for attaching my shouldber strap. Not getting it hooked up and push the tripod around.
I don't like where both ends are supported. If you have to adjust quickly that doesn't work for me, and I don't how it can be adjusted to left or right quickly either.
The only other thing is carrying the tri-pod around. Need someway to carry it with some typ of strape, that can be moved quickly to use. In a stand that's a differen story.
Mine came with a case with a strap and will also Molle attach to your backpack

Attachments

• 20230807_140134.jpg
    20230807_140134.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55