bmag

paulatgis

my bmag shoots fine. just under 1 inch group at 200 yards. cheap ammo too when compared to the 223. the squirrel is about mouse size on paper.

Attachments

• bmag.jpg
    bmag.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 116
yeah. the little one got away. I adjusted the scope, a leupers 4x, one click right and down or so I thought and I got another group just over an inch at 200 yards but way right and down as in the picture.

I like just a red dot to keep the weight down while hunting - lots of walking for me 5 miles min. the red dot is good for 50 yards at a rabbit or hog, albeit much smaller than a 150 lb boar.

the rattle snakes and alligators spook me quite a bit while hunting; a little shell shot pistol should scare them away unless im wading through the canals.

Attachments

• bmag2.jpg
    bmag2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 102
went back to the range today and kept getting flyers, so I moved the gun as forward on the sand bag as possible. in the picture (upper right) the flyers went away. then I shot the remaining ammo (image center) also with no flyers. at 100 yards. next time I'll shoot both the bmag and the 17 hmr for comparison. for now im delighted to have eliminated the flyers and can concentrate on attempting small groups.

hope this helps other owners.

Attachments

• two smaller.jpg
    two smaller.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 95
shot a hog yesterday with the bmag at about 25 yards, headshot. it just dropped. I like the bmag because its light and can carry it on the 8 mile hunt.

At times one can get a low cost firearm that shoot small groups. The 17 WSM B Mag rifle has had a number of problems one of which its lack of 100 yard accuracy. Some are also finding pore quality Winchester ammo. Lady luck was on your side when you shot a small 200 yard group with a cheep rifle.

I removed the scope and put on a red dot for close quarter hog shots. wen to the range and the red dot held zero fine. going out again tomorrow for hogs maybe a rabbit, but rabbits don't seem to thrive in the swamps.

I couldn't bear to take a picture of the hogs face I shot. its snout was shot off - clear gone. I just dragged it out two miles tied to the bicycle. back hurts from all the pushing. next time ill drag it through the ditch where the water will let it slide along easy.

Attachments

• hog.JPG
    hog.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 107
nice gordo. I used to duck hunt on the saint Lawrence river. I imagine its all snow up where you are now. we are heading north for skiing in February, but I'd love to sneak in a little rabbit hunting time. hows the property in your area; is there ample hunting grounds?

I took the bmag out hunting today for hogs. saw nothing but my dog enjoyed the adventure.

26 Jan,
the cabalas order was screwed up a little it came with the sporter barrel not the heavey barrel. I contacted the Canadian office in Winepeg and they asked me if I wanted to return it because there was an error in the advertisement (the heavey barrel is just not offered in that package), I then asked them to send me out a scope leveing tool and a rifle case free of charge and they sent it out to me ups right away.
Any way the weather here has been horrible and this morning was the first time I had to shoot it.
After bore sighting it took 8 shots to get it on the bull. It shoots pretty good and I am impressed with it. 80 yards 1&1/2" groups. Not bad for the first day out, I a am sure that once I get used to it it will do better.
I am waiting to try out the Hornady ammo also just to see if it is any more accurate

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.