Savage BMAG Stocks at Boyds

the bmag trigger guard and floor plate are one piece. Ill just figure it out when I get the stock I guess.

pics would be nice.

so the boyds comes with a stock trigger guard and floor plate ?

Trigger guard - yes. Floor plate - no. You don't really need one. If you take the stock off and try to slide in the magazine, you'll see that the magazine doesn't rely on the stock to lock in. With the Boyd stock, it slides and locks in place (I had to do a little woodwork to get mine to slide in enough, but it eventually worked.

ok I think I got it. boyds stock comes with trigger guard, so i don't need the savage trigger guard. now do the escutcheons come out of the savage stock, or will I need to purchase these?

good looking stock nimrod. I got the same exact one, can't wait.

sorry Im trying to follow this thread closely. Im following after 12 to 14 hours shifts. I think I got double vision.

Trigger guard - yes. Floor plate - no. You don't really need one. If you take the stock off and try to slide in the magazine, you'll see that the magazine doesn't rely on the stock to lock in. With the Boyd stock, it slides and locks in place (I had to do a little woodwork to get mine to slide in enough, but it eventually worked.

What wood work did u do in order to get it to fit in? Do u mind posting pics? Thanks in advance

my boyds stock is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Im like a kid before christmas!!!!!!!!!

What wood work did u do in order to get it to fit in? Do u mind posting pics? Thanks in advance

I also did a little work to allow the clip to slide in properly however my clip will not fully seat. Basically the plastic lever that hold the clips doesn't clip i. Did you have to sand the top of clip open so the clip could properly clip in?

I also did a little work to allow the clip to slide in properly however my clip will not fully seat. Basically the plastic lever that hold the clips doesn't clip i. Did you have to sand the top of clip open so the clip could properly clip in?

No don't modify the clip. Mine was the same way. The Clio was hitting the front of the stock's magazine well. Take a little off the front of the home in the stock and it should fit.

No don't modify the clip. Mine was the same way. The Clio was hitting the front of the stock's magazine well. Take a little off the front of the home in the stock and it should fit.

Ya I did the sanding in the front and I have complete clearance but it still won't clip in. What I meant by my last post is sanding the top of the clip opening, basically where the clip hits the top of the stock??

Just finished putting my gun on the boyds stock.Its a beautiful stock. Its not quite a perfect fit. I got the escutcheons in right, but still can't get the saftey to work.

The barrel doesn't seem to be seated fully. the trigger looks like it could come down an 1/8 inch aand I can't get a dollar to slide under the barrel.

Its way better than the savage stock, that stupid stock turns right 2 inchs from the end of the fore grip.

Is this what everyone else has experienced ? I guess I have some more filing to do.

What is the answer for the saftey ? I didn't over tighten the rear screw. This is my main concern.Oh and my bolt seems harder to open and close.
Ok got the pics. 1st is the b-mag before,2 nd b-mag after (nice) and 3rd my b-mag (black)and my 93r savage 17 hmr in a camo stock.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger

Last edited by hammer111; 02-06-2014 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: what
progress.gif
hammer111View Public ProfileSend a private message to hammer111Find all posts by hammer111Add hammer111 to Your Contacts

Page 23 of 23« First<13212223
menu_open.gif

My battery died on the camera, got a charge it and add pics.

Last edited:
You can pop the little red bb out and drill the hole a little deeper so it is flush with the stock and your safety will work. I talked with boyds technician today and he thinks savage has manufactured two bmag guns ls since the release with slightly different dimensions that is why people are havin so much trouble with clip not fitting properly. They want me to return my stock so he can examine it and see what is going on. He also said he is in discussion with savage engineers to try and clear up the difference. He expected this process to take two to four weeks. He suggested getting a Refund for my stock and they would contact me when they had the issues resolved with savage. Pretty disappointing but I can't wait when they finally do cause I love the look of this stock on this gun!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.